Wiki Posts
Search

Frankfurt question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2007, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: COdbaUA 1K, Hilton, Marriott
Frankfurt question

I'll be adding Frankfurt to a Manchester and Dubin trip later this month, does anyone know if the Frankfurt Marriott is near any of the gay scene? Is there anything going on mid-week?

Thanks.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 10:21 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
The Frankfurt Marriott is nearest the convention center (Messe) and a couple of miles from the main gay area. I've always taken a taxi with no problems.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Suggest you secure a hotel room in Frankfurt before booking any flights. There are often large conventions (building, property, books, travel) there where all (and I mean all) the hotels get totally booked up months in advance.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 4:25 pm

Programs: delta gold, hilton gold
fra marriott.

there's also a street car stop literally right outside the hotel.

we used priceline (name your own price) for frankfurt west region twice last year, and got the Marriott for a steal both times. ~$55 night, if i remember correctly.

have fun.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: COdbaUA 1K, Hilton, Marriott
Thanks for the info!
Old Nov 4, 2007, 9:58 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Updates???

What hotel is the closest to FRA gay scene? I am there for business and cant stay out too late during the week, but would like to go out to a couple of spots, so would prefer the hotel to be close to the area... Suggestions are well appreciated!
Old Nov 6, 2007, 9:55 am

Programs: LH SEN, ME Cedar Miles Prestige
Originally Posted by asnovici
What hotel is the closest to FRA gay scene? I am there for business and cant stay out too late during the week, but would like to go out to a couple of spots, so would prefer the hotel to be close to the area... Suggestions are well appreciated!

the arabella sheraton is just in the area.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 1:32 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by Jimmy67
the arabella sheraton is just in the area.
I assume you are referring to Westin Grand? If so, thats exactly where I booked the room! Anything to do specifically Tuesday through Thursday? I read the links that Jimmy67 posted, very helpful, by the way, but maybe anyone would know specifics on those three nights next week? Cheers!
Old Nov 7, 2007, 7:16 pm

Location: The opinion expessed here are not necessarly those of United Airlines or any affiliates or subsidiaries of UAL Corp..
There's lots of spots to go. Central and Lucky Manhattan's are 2 of my faves for a week nite. Pick the "gab" magazine and it will fill you in on all the spots and nights.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 9:30 am

Programs: LH SEN, ME Cedar Miles Prestige
Originally Posted by asnovici
I assume you are referring to Westin Grand? If so, thats exactly where I booked the room! Anything to do specifically Tuesday through Thursday? I read the links that Jimmy67 posted, very helpful, by the way, but maybe anyone would know specifics on those three nights next week? Cheers!
Yes, its now Westin Grand after the refurbishments.
I am afraid not so much special going on during the week. As I dont know which scene you are specially after.... take the gab magazin and check there
Old Nov 17, 2007, 2:39 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
Originally Posted by Aluminum tubing
There's lots of spots to go. Central and Lucky Manhattan's are 2 of my faves for a week nite. Pick the "gab" magazine and it will fill you in on all the spots and nights.
What about Pulse? Is that place still there?
Old Jan 23, 2008, 3:39 pm

Have to report, Lucky Manhattan's is great on Tuesdays (Flirt night)!

Any spots for happy hour? What about Sunday afternoon?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.