Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Gay europe on a budget, where to stay?

Old Aug 20, 07, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

Hello,

I'm travelling all by myself in Europe next month.

These are the Cities I want to visit:

Amsterdam
Berlin
Prague
Milan
Barcelona
Paris
London

Can anybody recommend some Central Place to stay in Each of these Cities? Close to the Gay Bars, Metro and Cheap! I am a student and on a budget. B&B would be alright.. Ideally, I would want to stay at a place where I can break the ice and meet new people. Hostels are cool for that. (Doesn't need to be gay, but close to gay area is ideal)

THanks!
Old Aug 21, 07, 7:30 am

Programs: LH SEN, ME Cedar Miles Prestige
On that page you should find plenty of GLB run private B&B

Enjoy Europe!

http://eng.ebab.com/
Old Aug 21, 07, 11:28 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

You might want to also check out the Budget Travel forum here on Flyertalk.
Old Aug 21, 07, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA PremExec
Berlin, London

Berlin: Arco Hotel...very near the Schoneberg gay bars:

http://www.arco-hotel.de/GB/GB_haus.htm

London: Priceline a room in the Bloomsbury/Marble Arch area (see biddingfortravel.com to get an idea of what to bid). Very few cheap places in London these days.
Old Aug 22, 07, 11:41 pm

Programs: QF Bronze, UA Premier
I did a similar European gay-advenutre-on-a-budget back in 2004 and had the time of my life. Hope you have an awesome experience as well!

Berlin: I've stayed several times at the Circus Hostel on Weinbergsweg in Mitte. Very cool area, and this is almost universally praised as the best-quality hostel in Berlin. A pleasant walk to the Prenzlauer Berg bars, and close to the U2 for trips to the Nollendorf Platz bars.

Barcelona: Have stayed in both the Gothic Point hostel and one in Raval who's name currently escapes me (perhaps on c/- Sant Pau?). Both were good quality, and the latter (unnamed) one is an easy 15 min stroll to the bars in Eixample.

In Paris, you want to be in the 3rd or 4th arrondissements to be close to the action.

Have fun!
Old Aug 30, 07, 8:12 am

Programs: AC*E, Delta Platinum, Fairmont Premiere
In Paris: I always stay at the Grand Hotel du Loiret on Rue des Mauvais Garcons. Best kept budget secret in the city. (About 70E per night)

It's cheap, pretty clean, and nice and close to the gay district (just a block or two).

Hope this helps!
Old Sep 2, 07, 9:35 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
I've stayed in Barcelona in a B&B run by two really friendly English speaking guys. I think singles are about 60e a night. The price includes a nice breakfast and WiFi. www.barcelonabb.com

Search this Thread
Search Engine: