Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Caribbean - St Martin update

Caribbean - St Martin update

Old Jul 22, 07, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Smile Caribbean - St Martin update

Hi, Gay life is evolving in St Martin !

- New very gay friendly lounge : David's Bar, in Marina Royale - Marigot
- Other new gay friendly open air lounge : Tree Top at Lottery Farm - Pic Paradis
- A new exclusively gay guesthouse has opened : Villa Rainbow, the only one on the island, in a stunning location
- Eros, the gay club, has moved one street
- Anf of course the gay beach of Cupecoy, and the nude beach of Orient Bay
Old Jul 23, 07, 7:17 am

Great News!

I have long wondered about gay friendly areas there, we have actually not been due to the concerns. Now I feel like a trip is in order to see this place!

Thanks for the info!
Old Jul 24, 07, 6:43 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
This is good news. Was in SXM in April and was told that the only gay lodging option was the Royal Turtle which is in a not-so-great location, i.e. behind an AVIS dealership by the airport.

I did think the La Sammana was very gay-friendly. There were several gay couples there exhibiting PDA and no one batted an eye.
Old Jul 24, 07, 8:14 am

Programs: CO Gold
Originally Posted by Nado View Post
This is good news. Was in SXM in April and was told that the only gay lodging option was the Royal Turtle which is in a not-so-great location, i.e. behind an AVIS dealership by the airport.

I did think the La Sammana was very gay-friendly. There were several gay couples there exhibiting PDA and no one batted an eye.
Good to hear - I will be at La Samana with my partner in January.
Old Jul 29, 07, 1:29 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
Make sure you read previous threads on this island posted in this forum.

I still have concerns for many Caribbean Islands and their attitude to Gays and Lesbians - St Kittts and Saba being the odd exceptions.

That being said, the French half of SXM seemed to me more friendly and tolerant than the Dutch - strange when you think about it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: