Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southern Decadence 07!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2007, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I'm going, my friend and i got a good deal for a hotel on hotwire, like $60 a night in the french quarter.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 10:20 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by WBurcham
Would it surprise you to know that it is possible, in New Orleans (the city proper) for two men to register as domestic partners legally?
I was aware of this. There are just so many other gay-friendly cities that are also located in gay-friendly jurisdictions (or at least that have not, by majority vote, specifically written discrimination into their constitutions). It's a pleasure to visit San Francisco, Seattle, D.C., Boston and Canada.

On the other hand, I am sympathetic to the argument that we should support gay communities that happen to be located in hostile states.

Last edited by Buster CT1K; Jul 27, 2007 at 10:42 am
Old Jul 27, 2007, 3:51 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Continental, US Airways, American,
In case you're interested, I found this deal today - buy 2 nights, get your 3rd night free until September 30 at participating new orleans hotels... Good luck!!!
http://neworleansonline.com/promos/2007/3for2/
Old Jul 28, 2007, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Even gay enclaves in homophobic states are not safe!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=719417
Old Jul 29, 2007, 1:18 pm

Well i have my flight and hotel-hope to meet up with some flyertalkers.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 6:47 am

Programs: Sexy UA 1K
For those who are going, I wish you have a good time...

But I just wanted to give you a heads-up. I was in the Big Easy this past weekend (Jul. 28th-30th) and suffered from some minor food poisoning issues.
I would recommend that you drink bottled water over there and if possible, bring some Immodium with you. I purchased some Immodium in the hotel. Not only was it expensive, but the tax (9%) was high!!!

I think in the airport you have to pay 10+% of tax or something.
Old Aug 3, 2007, 12:21 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Hotel deal

Omni Royal Orleans Offers Special Decadence Rates

Join us in New Orleans for the 36th Annual Southern Decadence Festival, August 30 - Sept. 3. The Omni Royal Orleans, a four diamond hotel, upholds a long tradition of luxury and “Southern Hospitality” in one of the world’s most spirited cities. Feel the soul of the city as you step into this elegant retreat, complete with an artful mélange of 19th century artifacts and the distilled essence of Creole Charm. Nestled in the Heart of the French Quarter, the hotel is just one block from Bourbon Street and moments away from the gay entertainment and "all that is Decadence."

We have a fantastic roof-top pool and terrace offering some of the best views of the quarter. The roof-top terrace features a bar where you can bask in the sun, meet and mingle with the rest of our Decadence Guests. Home to the renowned Rib Room and Bar, the hotel’s special services include 24 hour in-room dining, fitness center, barber and beauty shop, and a business center.

To entice you further the hotel is offering a special rate of $129 for our Petite Queens, $149 for Queen bedded accommodations, and $159 for our luxurious king bedded guest rooms. A link is provided to guide you right to our website to book this fabulous weekend. All reservations require a minimum two night stay.

https://ssl.omnihotels.com/Omni?prop...unt_code=TAGSD
Old Aug 3, 2007, 12:22 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
More deals

Come fall in love with New Orleans all over again! Dance all night, eat like a king and soak up the city's historical charm without breaking your budget. Perhaps no other destination in the world possesses a culture, diversity and personality as truly unique as New Orleans. From Mardi Gras to Halloween, there is always something going on.

One of the city’s premier events is Southern Decadence, held annually over Labor Day weekend. This celebration of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender culture has begun attracting as many as 100,000 participants from all over the world in recent years. Nicknamed the “Gay Mardi Gras,” Southern Decadence is one of those quintessential New Orleans occasions in which participants get to strut their stuff in elaborate costumes and high fashion.

Head to the Big Easy decked out in your best costume for Halloween New Orleans – a world-famous circuit party. With a tradition for over-the-top costumes and celebrations, New Orleans is quickly becoming a premiere destination for gay and lesbian travelers looking for a unique and exciting Halloween. And with Mardi Gras, Jazz Fest, French Quarter Fest, and many more exciting events throughout the year, any time is a great time to visit. New Orleans knows how to throw a party better than anyone else, so get packing!

Come see where jazz was born, where art is created, and where food is impeccable. No matter where you find your passion, one trip to New Orleans can leave you forever changed. For more information on what’s happening right now, or for great hotel rates, check out NewOrleansOnline.com. And now, for a limited time, if you book two nights, you'll get the third night FREE at one of many amazing hotels in New Orleans.

NewOrleansOnline.com
Old Aug 7, 2007, 9:32 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I live in NOLA, so I'll definitely be here. We are renovating a house in the Quarter (one block off St. Ann) but it won't be finished in time to move in before Decadence. Hopefully I can still have my lemonade stand anyway!

For any of you who are on the fence about coming, please do not believe any of the stuff the news media is reporting. Everything is business as usual in the Quarter and we would love to have you visit.

We could probably setup a FT meeting here, but everything gets so crazy that no one has time for anything organized.

Traveler
Old Aug 11, 2007, 10:08 pm

Programs: JB, SW, Delta
Newbie to New Orleans

Hi,
I will be visiting New Orleans for the first time the week after Southern Decadence - Wednesday, Sept 5 until Monday, Sept 10, and staying in the French Quarter - Hotel Monteleone. I am looking for recommendations for breakfast and dinner. I wonder how lively the gay clubs will be during that time, since my visit comes after a big weekend. Any recommendations?? I would expect that the weather would still be hot and humid. What is the expected attire in the gay clubs of the French Quarter?
Old Aug 12, 2007, 11:25 am

btowndude unfortunately things will be pretty sleepy after the big party.
Sure you cannot make it a week earlier?
As far as attire-I would suggest the lightest possible fabrics.And camp shirts rather than tshirts.
See the "south" forum on Flyertalk for suggestions.And I love Chowhound.com,and Yelp.com for restaurant suggestions.

If you have to be there in the time stated hope you got a great rate at the hotel.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 3:22 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Your timing is not so good. The Quarter is dead in August due to the heat, except for the long weekend of Decadence. I also suggest you change your dates if possible. It is fun here on any weekend, but just won't have the volume of people nor will it have the same debauchery.

Wear what you want, as long as there is not very much of it. It will be very hot, so you will want to be comfortable.

The Monteleone is a good hotel and is just a short walk to St. Ann where all the bars are.

Food pics depend on what you're looking for. I always reccomend for casual Creole dining, Coop's Place on lower Decatur. They have excellent Cajun food in a setting that is very French Quarter.

Traveler
Old Aug 12, 2007, 3:28 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Maybe we could have an impromptu Flyertalk get together for drinks or a meal. I have to fly out and back for the day on Thursday but should be available the rest of the weekend. We should probably do it during the afternoon or early evening before it gets too crowded everywhere.

Traveler
Old Aug 12, 2007, 5:27 pm

I am up for an early dinner at coops on Friday/Sat.Or lunch on Sat.
Going to Willie Maes Scotch House for lunch on Friday.B'fast at Mothers on Sat.
Sunday Brunch will either be the Palace Cafe or Ralphs on the Park.
Coops is air conditioned I hope?
Old Aug 13, 2007, 8:37 am

I'd be willing to grab a bite decadence weekend. I live uptown and have some friends in town from NYC for the weekend.

A break from the drinking might be nice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.