Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gay travel Mate

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2007, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 2 million lifetime Marriott Titanium LiCo Plat Hertz Plat spg plat former Co Chairmans Circle
Gay travel Mate

anyone know a site that I can find a companion to travel with (first Class) anywhere in the world?
Kassio Santos likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 9:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Silver Daddies?
Old Jun 2, 2007, 7:22 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada Aeroplan, Delta Sky Miles
Thumbs up Try the Gay Millionaires Club

Here you go...

www.gaymillionairesclub.com

Good luck!
Old Jun 2, 2007, 8:20 am

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
It depends on your definition of companion. You've got a few responses here from people thinking about it one way, but if you're looking at the other side of it I think some of the people here are among the best options you'll find. Either in conjunction with the Dos (even the non-gay ones get a lot of gay attendance) or if you were to find some other people that want to travel and together decide on a destination and timeframe. That's roughly how the Dos get put together -- someone decides on a place and time, and we all decide if we want to show up.

If you're not looking for someone to just be a travel buddy, then I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to take money and make the trip with you wherever and whenever you want to go.
Old Jun 2, 2007, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 2 million lifetime Marriott Titanium LiCo Plat Hertz Plat spg plat former Co Chairmans Circle
Originally Posted by StSebastian
It depends on your definition of companion. You've got a few responses here from people thinking about it one way, but if you're looking at the other side of it I think some of the people here are among the best options you'll find. Either in conjunction with the Dos (even the non-gay ones get a lot of gay attendance) or if you were to find some other people that want to travel and together decide on a destination and timeframe. That's roughly how the Dos get put together -- someone decides on a place and time, and we all decide if we want to show up.

If you're not looking for someone to just be a travel buddy, then I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to take money and make the trip with you wherever and whenever you want to go.

Thanks for the info. I am actually looking for both, a nice young man to travel with and also fun people to go on a cruise or something
Old Jun 2, 2007, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada Aeroplan, Delta Sky Miles
A couple more suggestions

You might try:

www.travel-companion.net

This site is not exclusively gay, but there are postings from gay men desiring another for travel. Also,

www.qtmagazine.com

This is a gay travel magazine. Click on "travel buddies".

Again, good luck!

Especial Rob
Old Jun 3, 2007, 7:08 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Ok - people behave
chipper likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 9:16 pm
In memoriam

Programs: United
Another "HVN Flyer" here

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Silver Daddies?
Don't know whether or not this is a serious post, but SD is an excellent site for younger men who like older men, and vice versa. As in most sites of this type you encounter your share of hustlers, weirdos, and the merely unhinged, but you also meet a lot of quality people as well.

A particularly useful feature is that members are able to post their travel schedules, and to indicate whether they're looking for a dinner date, accomodations, a cultural date, etc. If you post a face pic and are not a complete troll, you'll likely get more responses than you can handle.

And yeah, my screen name is the same over there.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 9:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by KenCT
Don't know whether or not this is a serious post, but SD is an excellent site for younger men who like older men, and vice versa. As in most sites of this type you encounter your share of hustlers, weirdos, and the merely unhinged, but you also meet a lot of quality people as well.

A particularly useful feature is that members are able to post their travel schedules, and to indicate whether they're looking for a dinner date, accomodations, a cultural date, etc. If you post a face pic and are not a complete troll, you'll likely get more responses than you can handle.

And yeah, my screen name is the same over there.
The post was as serious as the question.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 2:46 am

Very interesting post and request... But it would be so awkward to travel with a stranger... But there is always an element of surprize!!!

Why can't u gather a group of your friends and have a blast??? Dont forget the old while u explore the new...

In any case, have fun... and may u find that special and luck one to fly the sky with u...
Old Jun 4, 2007, 11:18 am

Ok people - I just deleted a bunch of posts since they aren't appropriate for this forum. The original post might be pushing the envelope a bit but we think it's a legitimate question to ask. Please stay on the topic (many of you have had your fun in this thread), this isn't a matchmaking site.

Thanks!!!

peteropny - co-moderator - GLBT
Old Jun 4, 2007, 11:55 am

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite, Avis First, Hertz PC
Am I to assume that this forum is not the place to look for a travel companion?

The sites that have been provided do not necissarly seem to match the entire original question.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 1:14 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
There have been a number of posts on here in the past that have asked for people that want to go on a trip -- that's why I suggested this forum as one place to try. If bluesincenew and I were going on a trip somewhere and wanted to see if anyone else wanted to tag along and help us pick a timeframe, this would probably be one of the first places I would think to post.

I remember a while back that a friend of catwood (xyzjake?) posted because he had a cancellation on a cruise and was looking for someone that wanted to take that spot. Aside from a few personal friends that like to travel, this is the next best place I could think of to find people that would enjoy the travel experience and be fun to travel with.

I can guess what the posts were that have been deleted, and that would be different from what I would expect if I was making a post here for someone to travel.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by fooko2002
Am I to assume that this forum is not the place to look for a travel companion?
Many of the deleted posts veered into discussion of who's paying, looks etc. which is not appropriate anywhere on Flyertalk and was a major issue when we got this forum established.

We don't moderate PMs (unless very extreme) however.

StSebastian is absolutely correct about posting for meet ups or people tagging along on trips - that's what the Itineraries threads are for as well as Dos that are arranged and the threads of questions on Destinations that can evolve into a bunch of people going at the same time.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 1:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite, Avis First, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by peteropny
We don't moderate PMs (unless very extreme) however.
Did not know they were monitored, yikes!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.