FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   GLBT Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glbt-travelers-218/)
-   -   New Years Eve: Where are you going? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glbt-travelers/636563-new-years-eve-where-you-going.html)

schnitzer Dec 16, 06 8:36 am

New Years Eve: Where are you going?

Was wondering if anyone know of any big NYE parties?

I broke up with my bf, and I would like to go somewhere to forget.

trvlr70 Dec 16, 06 1:05 pm

I'm going to DC. I have a lot of friends there and the community is fun.

ironmanjt Dec 16, 06 3:30 pm

We'll be in Rio. Can also attest that Sydney last year was awesome!

BenjaminNicholas Dec 16, 06 4:50 pm

Hanging out in London for NYE... I'm really hoping that the stereotypical English rain doesn't spoil the weather.

BN

LuckyStrike Dec 16, 06 5:20 pm

I'll be in Bangkok for NYE. :)

Bluehen1 Dec 16, 06 8:23 pm

I'll be home. I was expecting to have to be starting shift work at midnight on 1/2 but that's likely not happening. It won't change my plans however.

MrHalliday Dec 16, 06 8:29 pm

deleted

sj-flyer Dec 17, 06 12:35 am

This year my NYE time is limited by my work schedule...I have events to cover on 12/30 and 1/2.

So I am going on a (very) short trip to Chicago to spend New Years with friends.

I just hope the weather cooperates.

GarySAN Dec 17, 06 12:55 am

I'll be in Torremolinos. Oye, muchacho! Que tal?

Shuttle-Bored Dec 17, 06 3:32 am

London for once - and off to Kylie's NYE concert at Wembley Arena :eek: :o :D

Droneklax Dec 17, 06 3:54 am

It'll be London for Xmas and Cape Town for NYE. Leaving tomorrow- yeah!!!

abcedaria Dec 17, 06 4:14 am

Originally Posted by trvlr70 (Post 6858962)
I'm going to DC. I have a lot of friends there and the community is fun.

I, too, will be in DC for NYE. If you see a drunk Aussie with an angry boyfriend in tow, tis I! I can also go with Sydney being fantastic for NY. As long as you have a week to keep partying and recovering.

Kylie doing NYE....is ol' fake ti.....I mean, Dannii doing another duet with her then?

Karter Dec 17, 06 7:39 am

I'll be in AMS... no idea what I'll do though.

I heard that all bars and clubs are closed unless you have a ticket which should have been bought weeks before and costs EUR50. Ugh, I can't be bothered at all with researching bars and clubs, finding a way to buy a ticket from abroad, etc. I'll probably just wander around with a bottle of champagne waiting for the clock to chime.

SJC1K Dec 17, 06 12:28 pm

My partner and I will be in SJU, probably just popping a bottle of champagne in our room at the Caribe Hilton. (The stay, incidentally, paid for with the 5/10/15 promotion for which I was not targeted but which I read about and requested thanks to FT!)

1Konsultant Dec 17, 06 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Droneklax (Post 6861503)
It'll be London for Xmas and Cape Town for NYE. Leaving tomorrow- yeah!!!

I'm so jealous!! Some friends of mine invited me to Cape Town for the big bash down there. Tickets didn't work out, so instead I'll be rocking NYE in NYC with friends.

1Konsultant