Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Do you ever get treated better by GLBT FA's?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you ever get treated better by GLBT FA's?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2006, 8:43 am

Programs: AF&KL FB(P), LX M&M, IB+
Originally Posted by Shuttle-Bored
I'm guessing Abercrombie & Fitch
Old Dec 30, 2006, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Aluminum tubing
Yes we do take notice of Y pax. But I guess since I like to work in F and C the GLBT pax in those cabins catch my eye first. I'm more of a hot man in a suit over the AF Model guy not to say that I haven't had fun with many AF model types during a Layover in a few of my fave cites. ( Thanks for the tips umguy)

What tip did he give you???
Old Jan 6, 2007, 7:35 am

Programs: AA Platinum for Life, Hilton Diamond,IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
On very full flights that might be short in nature you probably would not get much attention in Y unless you were drop dead model handsome looking
This made me laugh as last month I was on a flight sitting next to such a man - amazingly goodlooking. The FA, who I know from other previous flights and ran into at Score one time in Miami and who has always been very pleasant, noticed him too. When drop dead model got up to use the lav, and apparently my glance lingered as he walked up the aisle, the FA came by to refill my drink, smiled and said, "I saw him first." I laughed and repeated the old chestnut about "age and treachery (mine) overcoming youth and skill (his) anyday." Later he told me that model boy hooked up with one of the female FA's. We both agreed he was not that hot after all.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by holtju2
You know that AA is not a gay friendly airline. Doing something inappropriate i.e. holding hands may get the plane diverted.
I know the issue you are talking about and it was bad. But overall, I find AA to be a very gay friendly airline. My partner and I have always been treated well, I remember flying to the Gay Games in Sydney and on the AA portion to LA, the captain making it a point to welcome the participants on our flight out of DFW. I also just enrolled my partner in the Admiral's Club on the domestic partner privilege.

The issues AA has had with homophobes seem like they are at least willing to deal with, rather than ignore. On balance, I continue to spend my travel dollars with them because of their openness.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by KMiami
Later he told me that model boy hooked up with one of the female FA's. We both agreed he was not that hot after all.
oh thats sweet btw can you define 'later'?
Old Jan 6, 2007, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by marsel
oh thats sweet btw can you define 'later'?
Not as interesting as it could sound or should sound.

It was on another flight about a week ago - I saw the FA at the MIA Starbucks, wished him a Happy New year and he brought it up.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 10:22 am
Suspended

Programs: TG -*Gold, AF-Silver, Asia Miles, BA-Silver, AMEX Green-MR
this thread is hot! wish i get some special treatment from gay FAs too
Old Jan 6, 2007, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
I could have sworn I replied to this thread last year, but couldn't find my post.

I have received (stop giggling!) special attention from QF FA's (most of whom are outstanding in service). I flew AKL-LAX in J, and the Asian-Australian FA spoke to my partner and I for a little while and gave us a bag of champagne & chocolates (he placed it in the overhead midflight and told us a little present was in there!)

On another flight, again in J, I wanted a midnight snack so I was wandering to the help yourself bar and the male FA bent over backwards (stop) to assist - offering to make a toasted sandwich, get whatever we wanted, presumably because he too was bored. He was ultra-friendly and it was wonderful. We also got chatting about Australia's ridiculous Prime Minister but he gave me some tips on getting my American BF into Australia through a legal domestic partner loophole. In any case, all was over and above the call of duty and would not have happened if the FA wasn't gay.

So yes, we do get special attention sometimes - just don't demand it!
Old Jan 6, 2007, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by seanp7
stop giggling!
no way!
Old Jan 8, 2007, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA GS, 2MM
My experience is generally that the male FAs generally talk to me in the galley when I'm in F... By then they've seen the PAX manifest and wondered how in the world I'm a 1K. I had a great conversation with a FA recently in F and he even sent me on my way with a bottle of white wine. Love it when that happens!
Old Jan 8, 2007, 9:43 pm

Programs: NH Super Flyer (*G), Eurostar Carte Blanche, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor ALL Gold
There are male flight attendants too? Wait till this bombshell hits Tokyo...
Old Jan 9, 2007, 12:07 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz PC
This thread never fails me. You guys are just putting this never-going-to-happen-ever-to-me-but-i-wanna-be-part-of-this-so-badly-like-crazy mindset into me every time. hahaha!!

Hands down, the most entertaining thread...
Old Jan 9, 2007, 8:52 am

Programs: BA, UA
My last BA sector with the boy before Christmas saw the purser being quite generous with champagne top-ups which was quite something considering it was only DUB-LGW.. and just before the old cabin crew seats for landing he handed a plastic bag to us with 4 more bottles inside

Last edited by chris18london; Jan 9, 2007 at 9:00 am
Old Jan 9, 2007, 1:05 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
My last SWISS flight - a slow and quite flight. Pursur and I talked for a while ... got a bottle of champagne plus his card right before landing. I sent him an email ... but never get any reply back - I thought we had some chemistry.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 11:07 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
So I am traveling on an USAir awards ticket on 3/7, LAX-LAS-JFK (no longer fly US Air but had enough miles left for a domestic ticket). So when checking in at the kiosk it asks me if I want to upgrade, however, will only allow me to upgrade both segments. LAX to LAS only a fifty minute flight and not worth the $50. But the LAS/JFK segment worth the $150.

Instead I am told to check at the gate if I only want to upg on the LAS-JFK segment. So I go to the gate and two "brothers" are working the gate. Tell them that I want to upg. They never swipe my cc that I handed to them, I never sign a cc charge and the receipt that they give me along with my new boarding pass shows a $.00 charge (along with a big smile from them). Also got comped into the Crunch in West Hollywood. In all a very productive trip and again another reason why the gay life is the fab life. Kudos to the cute Asian GA that let me ride up front for free (which was particularly nice given that we had a delay leaving the gate at LAS).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.