Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Do you ever get treated better by GLBT FA's?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you ever get treated better by GLBT FA's?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2006, 4:01 am
Suspended

Programs: some, * alliance, OW, ISIC,
just out of curiosity, are there any stories abt AA or american airlines. there are quite a few involving UA and i have seen UA gay flight attendants but would be interested abt AA since i will be flying with them quite frequently in jan.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by trekkie
just out of curiosity, are there any stories abt AA or american airlines. there are quite a few involving UA and i have seen UA gay flight attendants but would be interested abt AA since i will be flying with them quite frequently in jan.
You know that AA is not a gay friendly airline. Doing something inappropriate i.e. holding hands may get the plane diverted.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by holtju2
You know that AA is not a gay friendly airline. Doing something inappropriate i.e. holding hands may get the plane diverted.
You mean for us, passengers?

I guess making out is out of the question then!
Old Dec 27, 2006, 7:39 am

Does AA not hire gay guys?

The high point of flying for me is being serving by a swishy flight attendant. But I never see any on AA. And I fly AA all the time.

Honestly, what is this world coming to!
Old Dec 27, 2006, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by holtju2
Oh please. One stupid FA does not define the airline.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 11:33 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
You will get some "favorable" treatment from AA FAs and sometimes GAs. I find that NYC crews are much more easy with the freebies but DFW crews often go by the book. Just smile, look good, and hope for the best and take what you can get, graciously.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 5:07 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada Aeroplan, Delta Sky Miles
AA Does Hire Some Mighty Fine Gay F/A's

Originally Posted by aeneastwin
The high point of flying for me is being serving by a swishy flight attendant. But I never see any on AA. And I fly AA all the time.

Honestly, what is this world coming to!
If you refer to my post to this thread submitted on December 13 (Post #68), you'll find two instances of great service from some wonderful guys who are AA flight Attendants.

The first instance was a pursar on the only AA widebody flight offered daily (ord-lax), and the second instance was two f/a's who are partners in life, on ord-mia. These two guys were bears, and most delightful!

I'm a lifetime Plantinum Member, and in my experience, it's easier to spot the gay guys who are "family" on the widebodies/longhauls, as there are more f/a's on board than say the MD-80s.

It should be noted that AA does have a dedicated website for GLBT travellers:

www.aa.com/rainbow Check it out!^

Last edited by ESPECIALROB; Dec 28, 2006 at 5:22 am Reason: I clicked too soon in error!
Old Dec 28, 2006, 6:14 am

Programs: AF&KL FB(P), LX M&M, IB+
Originally Posted by ESPECIALROB
It should be noted that AA does have a dedicated website for GLBT travellers:

www.aa.com/rainbow Check it out!^
checked it out! ^ do the others also have something like this?

Last edited by marsel; Dec 28, 2006 at 6:14 am Reason: undiscosed :-)
Old Dec 28, 2006, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz PC
Now my question is, do GLBT FAs ever take notice of Y pax? It seems like every time I get on (always in Y), i feel like they are just to busy to pay much special attention to Y pax.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by Auracon
Now my question is, do GLBT FAs ever take notice of Y pax? It seems like every time I get on (always in Y), i feel like they are just to busy to pay much special attention to Y pax.

On very full flights that might be short in nature you probably would not get much attention in Y unless you were drop dead model handsome looking (I might be attractive but not that attractive). Most of my really good experiences have actually been in Coach. Quite honestly, the vast majority of FAs are really, really, really over UPGs in F that think that FAs are there to be their personal servants and I know a few senior FAs (pursers) who would rather be in the back where service is not going to be much anyway. A paxs in Y is not going to be screaming for a fulfill of his/her drink or another serving of warm cashews.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Auracon
Now my question is, do GLBT FAs ever take notice of Y pax?
Yes. My earlier post was in Y.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 7:45 pm

Location: The opinion expessed here are not necessarly those of United Airlines or any affiliates or subsidiaries of UAL Corp..
Yes we do take notice of Y pax. But I guess since I like to work in F and C the GLBT pax in those cabins catch my eye first. I'm more of a hot man in a suit over the AF Model guy not to say that I haven't had fun with many AF model types during a Layover in a few of my fave cites. ( Thanks for the tips umguy)

As a pax you shouuld remember that the cabin crew are on the the clock so most of the flirting/ asking out will have to come from you. We are known to flirt but are aware of what other pax are seeing when paying loads of attention to you. And don't be shocked if the Grandma FA on the flight is the one doing the match making for us. They're testing the water for us when the gaydar isn't working.

Last edited by Aluminum tubing; Dec 28, 2006 at 8:07 pm
Old Dec 29, 2006, 3:13 am

Programs: AF&KL FB(P), LX M&M, IB+
Originally Posted by Aluminum tubing
I'm more of a hot man in a suit over the AF Model guy not to say that I haven't had fun with many AF model types during a Layover in a few of my fave cites.
AirFrance model types?
Old Dec 29, 2006, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Aluminum tubing
...And don't be shocked if the Grandma FA on the flight is the one doing the match making for us. They're testing the water for us when the gaydar isn't working.

Even on a BA 777 flight from LHR to CAI, when it was a first for me.. the entire cabin crew (well and flight deck crew) were all men! The ones working in F were very obviously friends of the family! It was a fun flight that....!

No grandma FA that day..!
Old Dec 29, 2006, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by marsel
AirFrance model types?
I'm guessing Abercrombie & Fitch

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.