Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Do you ever get treated better by GLBT FA's?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you ever get treated better by GLBT FA's?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2006, 2:46 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Mr MCO
I knew the crew hotel (won't admit why), and if I had not been tired.... I could tell AJ how was the after flight service...
IME, the after flight service is always the best service.

I once had a situation where the FA onboard asked me to choose between whether he should smuggle the Cabernet or the Merlot from the F galley for our meeting later!!
Old Oct 25, 2006, 5:32 am

Gosh, I must be flying the wrong airlines??
Old Oct 25, 2006, 6:32 am

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
delete

Last edited by tmorse6570; Sep 13, 2007 at 8:46 am
Old Oct 25, 2006, 7:56 am

Programs: LH SEN, ME Cedar Miles Prestige
Never happend to me/ us in fact on board.

However got a lot of free upgrades from the gay lufthansa ground staff though and which we now from the club scene in FRA.

On board I/we more often i get a "better treatment" from female FAs then gays.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, DL MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
In my case, only once that I remember, but then I don't seem to set off other people's gaydar.

With a smile, I told the female UA F FA, who was wearing a rainbow-flag pin that I liked her pin, though I was surprised that UA let her wear it. That got me and my traveling companion very attentive treatment for the rest of the flight, and a smuggled bottle of wine each from the galley.

The funny thing was that my traveling companion was a straight colleague, but we had a lot to talk about and he's from a culture with a smaller customary personal space, so I'm sure we appeared to be a couple. Since he happened to be in the lav when I made the comment to the FA, he was completely baffled as to why we were getting such special treatment.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:24 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
Gosh, I must be flying the wrong airlines??
Start flying European carriers! LH in particular is a great airline in this regard.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Seeksreal
I had a very xxx-rated experience on a recent transatlantic flight in the upstairs galley on the 747. The best service any FA has ever given me!!! ^

and exactly what kind of service did you receive....
Old Oct 25, 2006, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, DL former Gold, AA, SPG, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite

and exactly what kind of service did you receive....
Let your imagination go wild and that will probably lead you close to the truth. I don't think it would be appropriate in this forum to get into more detail. Suffice it to say that I now hold a very esteemed position within the mile-high club.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Seeksreal
Suffice it to say that I now hold a very esteemed position within the mile-high club.
I heard you were in a different position.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 9:21 am

Wink Good Service

My partner services me quite nicely! Mind out of the gutter now! He's an on-board International Service Manager.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz PC
So, I need to start looking gayer I guess. Maybe I'm not visibly gay enough for FAs to notice? I mean like, I get hit on at bars but not on planes I wanna get this "special service"!!!!!

Any tips? lol I am a young, toned cute homo damn it! lol
Old Oct 30, 2006, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Without a doubt I am always getting preferred treatment from gay FAs and GAs-in addition to gay hotel front desk staff. Keeping in good shape, maintaining a pleasant physical appearance, and having a good attitude (not treating these folks like personal servants) will get you very far in the world of travel including free drinks and food and upgrades. Remember, saying "please" and "thank you", which is a communication style now often lost, will get you quite a bit extra in flight and sometimes even "after flight."

Usually the (fat and disgusting) straight people are trying to figure out "what is the h.ll is going on."
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:40 am

Programs: AA2MM LIFETIME PLT, Turkish Miles&Smiles Elite, Marriott Plat
Last month on an AA flight from GIG to GRU/JFK and friend and I were in C and had about 100 other friends in Y. We boarded first and then as our other friends started to board and head back to the back of the bus, they made comments about us like " Oooooh, smell you in business class... Look at Mr and Mr Fancy pants". So after only the third comment we got up and headed for the galley. There we asked if we could hang out in a very empty F during boarding to avoid the comments from our friends. The FA got the purser and I explained that we were with a very large group and they were harassing us! He said make ourselves at home.

After boarding was over, I went up front to say thanks to him and he said "Oh, you boys can just stay in those seats!" BINGO! (Granted, they were the 777 coffin seats and NOT the Flagship Suites, but hey!!) He was a very sweet gay man and quite young for purser, about 37 I think. He lived with his Brazilian bf in Sao Paolo and was based in Miami. He brought over his Video iPod and showed us pictures of his BF, their place in GRU and managed to keep our champagne glass full the entire time.

UNFORTUNATELY, he is too junior to be purser on the GRU-JFK leg and was leaving us in GRU. He was flying to MIA the next day.

Anyway the gay card paid off nicely if only for a 50 minute flight. We got off the flight in GRU feeling NO pain!
Old Oct 31, 2006, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by Auracon
So, I need to start looking gayer I guess. Maybe I'm not visibly gay enough for FAs to notice? I mean like, I get hit on at bars but not on planes I wanna get this "special service"!!!!!

Any tips? lol I am a young, toned cute homo damn it! lol
Important tip, be very well mannered to those FAs, GAs and hotel front desk, particularly when dealing with one of the brotherhood. Given the amount of disgusting and vulgar people that they must contend with on a daily basis, a good lucking gay man with exceptional style and manners is a godsend. They are then only to happy to make your trip or stay "special."
Old Oct 31, 2006, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
It is not only the gay"gods"that get upgrades-I am a very pleasant but very fat queen.I treat GAs FA's and desk clerks very nicely.The problem is-most of the service folks I encounter are females and they(for the most part)just ain't buying it.And it is a little akward to wait for the next available queen when there is no one in line behind you.Also chicks just do not get the "$20 handshake" bit at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.