Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

GLBT Forum Get-Togethers (Itineraries, Mini-Dos, Gaylas)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2006, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!

Loving and aptly nicknamed "Gaylas" by our very own Comicwoman, these get-togethers are oftened referred to as "Do's" in our forum and others as well. Be sure to check out the Community Forum where you will see many, many other Do's, get-togethers, "meet for a drink" and general "I-am-visting-want-to-have-dinner?" threads. These Do's, etc. are always welcome to GLBTers, just as our Gaylas are welcome (and eagerly attended by) the general FT memebership. Please, please do not make these "I want a date" threads". Trust us, there will be plenty of appletini-take-your-swimsuits-off spur(s) of the moments.

All that being said, here are threads to watch with a brief description/tip for reading each, in order of the dates scheduled:

Itineraries: Want to know if other GLBTers are in your city or going where you are going? Search the 3-letter code of your cities and involved airports or see Itineraries below.

Ongoing Dates: Apr-Jun 2012 -- Jul-Sept 2012 -- Oct-Dec 2012 -- Jan-Mar 2013

Mini-Dos: Smaller get togethers:

Gaylas: Make sure to read the first couple posts. That is where you will find accomadations, events and suggestions from the hosts. The first postings are updated regularly.

Soooo... SAVE THE DATES boys and girls. See ya there!

Last edited by peteropny; Dec 27, 2012 at 5:54 pm
Old Jun 16, 2006, 1:37 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Originally Posted by GoodKarmaGuy
June 8-10, 2007 NYC Gayla: Finally a Gayla in the Big Apple. This one is hosted by a fab, funny, fussy (errr... detail-orientated ),
Guilty as charged!

(His struggle nowadays is "strippers or drag queens for entertainment?" ) (In Palm Springs, an otherwise-fabulous str8 woman was overhead saying, "Can't we ever lose the drag entertainment???"... Ummm.. probably not....)
Not on your life. I was at a benefit last night which contained the aforementioned strippers and drag queens, including Dirty Martini , the World Famous *Bob* (who does to "Also Sprach Zarathustra" exactly what YOU would do if you to it if you had 44DD breasts) the effervescent Shasta Cola, and Julie Atlas Muz , who did something unspeakable with a champagne glass and fortunately I was at the wrong angle to realize exactly what it was.

I promise something tamer. Maybe.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 10:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, UA Premier 1K, TAP Silver, Hyatt Discoverist
March 23-25, 2007: Palm Springs IV, Gayla 2007. Note that this link is to the 2006 Gayla, as the new thread has not started yet. The most handsome and talented host (and his trusty sidekick) of this Gayla usually starts a thread in September or October with details. (But Do know [get it ? ] that the host hotel this year will be The Desert Moon Resort RIGHT NEXT DOOR to Toucan's and across the street from Rick's. They have undergone massive renovations and we have been looking for a couple years for a hotel to host ONLY our Gayla. This is it.)

Oh, my! ¿Qué pasó con las Villas? In that case, Jack (aka Bill) and I may actually re-attend.

Nobbi
Old Jun 19, 2006, 6:24 am

Loving and aptly nicknamed "Gaylas" by our very own Comicwoman, these get-togethers are oftened referred to as "Do's" in our forum and others as well. Be sure to check out the Community Forum where you will see many, many other Do's, get-togethers, "meet for a drink" and general "I-am-visting-want-to-have-dinner?" threads. These Do's, etc. are always welcome to GLBTers, just as our Gaylas are welcome (and eagerly attended by) the general FT memebership. Please, please do not make these "I want a date" threads". Trust us, there will be plenty of appletini-take-your-swimsuits-off spur(s) of the moments.

All that being said, here are threads to watch with a brief description/tip for reading each, in order of the dates scheduled:

Itineraries: Want to know if other GLBTers are in your city or going where you are going? Search the 3-letter code of your cities and involved airports.

Ongoing Dates: Itineraries

Gaylas: Make sure to read the first couple posts. That is where you will find accomadations, events and suggestions from the hosts. The first postings are updated regularly.

Sept 1-4, 2006 Fort Liquordale G-Do Labor Day Weekend: First some history- This was the original Gayla bravely hosted in FLL. We do return to our roots, you know. There is talk that this may turn into a Hurricane Party! But the young man who hosts this (is he still young??...hmmmm...) is known for fab parties with just a grill and vodka. Ok, we could even do without the grill.)

March 23-25, 2007: Palm Springs IV, Gayla 2007. Note that this link is to the 2006 Gayla, as the new thread has not started yet. The most handsome and talented host (and his trusty sidekick) of this Gayla usually starts a thread in September or October with details. (But Do know [get it ? ] that the host hotel this year will be The Desert Moon Resort RIGHT NEXT DOOR to Toucan's and across the street from Rick's. They have undergone massive renovations and we have been looking for a couple years for a hotel to host ONLY our Gayla. This is it.)

June 8-10, 2007 NYC Gayla: Finally a Gayla in the Big Apple. This one is hosted by a fab, funny, fussy (errr... detail-orientated ), professional theatre reviewer. It promises to be a chance of a lifetime. (His struggle nowadays is "strippers or drag queens for entertainment?" ) (In Palm Springs, an otherwise-fabulous str8 woman was overhead saying, "Can't we ever lose the drag entertainment???"... Ummm.. probably not....)

Soooo... SAVE THE DATES boys and girls. See ya there!
You are a mess. Of course I am still young. I'm still in my twenties for a few more years Daddy HEHE.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:50 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Ok - I'm going to make this a "sticky" - but please do not post to this thread unless trying to add an event - please leave commentaries in the specific threads and not here

Thanks!!

peteropny - co-moderator - GLBT
Old Aug 1, 2006, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Why are these all in the USA? Can't you have some at least in say, Europe?
Old Aug 2, 2006, 6:01 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
GuyBetsy: How about Asia?

I'm aware of a goodly number of GGG FlyerTalkers who already have plans to be in Bangkok around Christmas, as has happened in the past. We had an informal more-or-less unplanned Do on New Year's Eve 2005. Seems like we might have a critical mass this year as well.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 8:22 am

GuyBetsy & MegatopLover - good ideas - but can we please discuss these issues in a separate thread since this one is meant to serve only those Get-Togethers / DOs that have already been put together.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 10:31 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Can't make Sept, as I am working, Might be able to swin PS in march if work doesn't pop up (busiest time of the year). But NYC Im THERE! never pass up a trip to NYC.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 6:12 am
Suspended

Last edited by MapleLeaf; Sep 20, 2007 at 6:39 pm
Old Sep 27, 2006, 6:56 pm

Programs: QF, SQ
Smile

am in PSP right now but have to leave tomorrow for NY and then back to London on sunday.
first time here and lovin' it.
missed out on PSP 2006 so please put me down as a 'definitely maybe' for March 2007!!!
Old Mar 18, 2007, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
Don't forget that there is still lots and lots of room for this event! The hotel is full but we are "overflowing" to a nearby (3-5 minute walk) motel and still giving breakfast and resort privileges to our host hotel! See the first post of the thread or PM me!

See you there!
Old Jul 1, 2007, 4:47 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Now that the NYC Gayla is just a happy memory, should we change the subject title?

What's next as of now, the SF Gayla? Over to you, Wireless.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 1:25 pm

Done - SF, PSP V, & NYC II
Old Jul 26, 2007, 9:17 am

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Can't we do a "Mini-Do" in London sometime? Surely it would be pretty easy to organise. I have the luck of working in London this summer and have missed FT do's in the past cos I was up north.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.