Tips for Kuala Lumpur

Old Jun 24, 2008, 1:55 am

Programs: UA 1k / SPG Gold / Hilton Gold / Regular peon for all other programs.
Just read something online about the KLIA Pan Pacific... they now have a check-in counter inside of the International Arrivals hall.

From their website:
(http://www.panpacific.com/KLairport/Overview.html)

CHECK-OUT our latest unique guest facility!! You can now CHECK-IN at Kuala Lumpur International Airport. The hotel's newly opened check-in counter at the airport's International Arrival Hall baggage claim area now adds another superb convenience when staying at Pan Pacific. While waiting for your luggage to arrive, our airport associates will check you in, another effort in cutting down time wasting. Why not try it out the next time you stay with us? NOTE : This facility is not available to Domestic Arrivals.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 12:14 pm

Programs: QF, SQ
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Unless they've had renovations in the last 6-7 years, it was a TOTAL dump. Not even worth the $35 it cost post-crisis.
Location is great, but then again there are at least 20 hotels within a 5-minute walk of the Maya.
I gather there was a big revamp at Hotel Maya and it was reopened as a boutique urban spa/hotel thingey ...

so am not sure if you stayed there pre-revamp or not...

anyway take a peek... www.hotelmaya.com.my

personally - if i wanted a spa - i would fly out of KL and choose a better location...
Old Jun 24, 2008, 3:25 pm

Programs: QF, SQ
btw - have a look at http://www.timeoutkl.com

for the latest listing.. have fun..
Old Jun 26, 2012, 9:23 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Bumping this thread for updates; it's been FOUR YEARS since anything about KL's Gay scene was posted in this forum!
So.... bars, restaurants, clubs, saunas, etc--any recommendations?
Thanks so much!
Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Bumping this thread for updates; it's been FOUR YEARS since anything about KL's Gay scene was posted in this forum!
So.... bars, restaurants, clubs, saunas, etc--any recommendations?
Thanks so much!
Frangipani is still the place on Fridays and then there is the MarketPlace for Saturdays. No idea about the saunas here. The usual mobile male "social" networking sites are very active.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
In terms of saunas, OTOT is still going strong.

Kakiku is rather out of the way but the night I was there, it was very surprised, and very slightly shocked (in a good way), at the goings-on.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KenJohn
In terms of saunas, OTOT is still going strong.

Kakiku is rather out of the way but the night I was there, it was very surprised, and very slightly shocked (in a good way), at the goings-on.
Wow such activity happens in a Muslim country like Malaysia?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Wow such activity happens in a Muslim country like Malaysia?
These things happen everywhere ! They're just a bit more covert in certain places than in others.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jasepl
These things happen everywhere ! They're just a bit more covert in certain places than in others.
So you have been to KL?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
So you have been to KL?
Yes, I have, a couple of times. Though both were quick work trips with several colleagues, so I didn't get a chance to venture into the gay scene.

But my point is that, whether a country is Muslim or Martian doesn't matter. There are gay people everywhere. And we are remarkably adaptable to whatever situation we find ourselves in.

Just because something is outlawed (or the authorities claim doesn't exist) doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

None of this should be news, really.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.