Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinidad Prez day weekend

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2006, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Trinidad Prez day weekend

Any advice on lodging for Trinidad? Never been there so any help would be great!
thanx, R
Old Feb 9, 2006, 12:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I will try to find out from friends - I don't know how much, if any, gay stuff there is to discover - there is apparently an exceptionally lovely (not gay) beach, but you have to drive a long way through mountains in order to get there - and get back, which, at night on winding, cliffside mountain roads without lights in a foreign country, may not be that enticing.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Trinidad advise

Originally Posted by anonplz
I will try to find out from friends - I don't know how much, if any, gay stuff there is to discover - there is apparently an exceptionally lovely (not gay) beach, but you have to drive a long way through mountains in order to get there - and get back, which, at night on winding, cliffside mountain roads without lights in a foreign country, may not be that enticing.
Thanks for the reply. Do you know the name of that beach? Sounds wonderful.
thanks, R
Old Feb 10, 2006, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by ramondo
thanks, R
I don't, but I'm seeing my friend tomorrow - I will definitely post back here afterwards. FWIU, it's not the most gay-friendly place, but not anything like Jamaica. Discretion is your friend there, if you know what I mean.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by ramondo
thanks, R
Maracas Bay - http://www.visittnt.com/ToDo/Beaches...ad_Beaches.htm

Also, try to get to Pitch Lake (http://www.traveladventures.org/cont...itchlake.shtml)

and there's a bird sanctuary (Caroni - http://www.traveladventures.org/cont...a/caroni.shtml) which comes alive at sundown when the birds return to their perches.

My understanding is that while Trinidad isn't especially homophobic (though act sensibly, as people may make remarks, and check for any sodomy laws before departure), there really isn't anything gay going on, like clubs or bars and such.

EDIT: It appears that there are sodomy laws on the books and gays and lesbians are officially not welcome. So, just keep that in mind.

Last edited by anonplz; Feb 11, 2006 at 11:41 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.