Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crystal meth

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2005, 2:54 pm

I've been to a number of circuit events lately and the tina abuse has really taken its toll. Has anyone else noticed the changes? Fewer people are smiling anymore or laughing. Years ago, when ecstasy was the preferred recreational drug, there was a real connectedness among people. I think ecstasy must really make people feel a heightened sense of acceptance and empathy. I'm naturally very upbeat and positive, so I'm always smiling. As a result, I'm typically beseiged with offers to purchase ecstasy and g from me. (Of course, I'm not a dealer). I literally had people say that I looked like the only one who was having a good time. I'm not going to wax on about the benefits of ecstasy or g, but at least people acted like they were having some fun out there.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trvlr70
...ecstasy and g...
"g"?

Looks like a new entry into my slang dictionary.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by BigLar
"g"?

Looks like a new entry into my slang dictionary.
Not new and fortunately, not as widely used as a couple of years ago. G = GHB (also known as the date rape drug) It is essentially odorless and colorless but can very easily be lethal when combined with alcohol. That is why it is mixed with Powerade/Gatorade or bottled water creating "swirl". (You didn't think all those boys were drinking bottled water because they were suddenly health-conscious?)

Many of us remember parties only 4 or 5 years ago where one guy would "fall out" after another. It can be a real drain on the festivities when the music stops and the paramedics show up for the 3rd or 4th time of the night.

As I DJ mostly in the UK, I am usually aware of the scene there. G is just now beginning to be widely used. The club owners and promoters saw how devastating it was in the US and are taking a very hardline approach to tolerance. There are significant education and ad campaigns as well.

Since the campaign against G seems to be heavily influenced by the US experiences, it will be interesting to see how the UK deals with tina when it (presumably) hits there eventually.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

OK. I knew what GHB was, just never heard it referred to as "g".

But then again, I was only aware of it being used in a heterosexual environment, where the "object of your affection" was more or less unwilling. From the descriptions here (and other threads), I wasn't aware that that was a problem with "you people".

Also, I am apparently uneducated as to the other effects of g, other than it's use as, well, date rape. I mean, why would one consume it voluntarily? Wouldn't ecstasy provide the desired effect?

God, I am so drug-naive.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, DL MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I was only aware of [GHB] being used in a heterosexual environment, where the "object of your affection" was more or less unwilling. From the descriptions here (and other threads), I wasn't aware that that was a problem with "you people".
I'm genuinely not sure what you are saying here. Is it that you would be surprised if gay people used drugs to have sex with people who would otherwise be unwilling? Unfortunately, I doubt that straight people have a monopoly on such coercive, criminal behavior. You don't mean, do you, that gay people wouldn't ever be unwilling "objects of affection"?

Also, I am apparently uneducated as to the other effects of g, other than it's use as, well, date rape. I mean, why would one consume it voluntarily? Wouldn't ecstasy provide the desired effect?
I have to admit, I'm also curious why one would take it voluntarily. (But then, my lifetime experience of illegal drugs consists of one use of alcohol while underage--during the Nixon administration, sadly.)
Old Jun 30, 2005, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SJC1K
I'm genuinely not sure what you are saying here. Is it that you would be surprised if gay people used drugs to have sex with people who would otherwise be unwilling? Unfortunately, I doubt that straight people have a monopoly on such coercive, criminal behavior. You don't mean, do you, that gay people wouldn't ever be unwilling "objects of affection"?
From the description of its use as a coercive element, the activity would be at parties, etc. Probably not at your little intimate get-together with friends. I can't speak from personal experience, but from what everyone reports here, a lot of casual sex happens, often with strangers.

Certainly a lot of straight people go to parties and so on to score sex, but it's typically not happening right next to you and causing you to spill your drink.

And again, I can't speak from personal experience, but in a straight environment there's almost never any problem getting the male to participate; the females are usually the "gatekeepers". So, to get around that problem, unscrupulous people will slip a little something in their drink to drop the barriers, so to speak. Quite despicable, IMO. Whereas, in a similar environment that's exclusively gay, very little of this resistance has to be overcome; that's a big reason why they're there, after all.

I'm perfectly willing to explain myself, and I apologize if some people get offended; as I said, I'm not dealing from a lot of personal experience here.

But this ain't Omni -- these posts like "If you don't mean A you must mean B. Answer yes or no." aren't helping any.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 5:37 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium

My Son : "Mom?"
Mom : "Yeah, babe?"
MS : "Uh ... I'm gay."
M : "I know, honey."
MS : "You do? ....... Well, what about dad?"
M : "He's the one who told me."
Ms : "Huh? When did he find out?"
M : "I think he knew before you did."
MS : "Oh. ......... Now what do I do?"

We don't have any problems in the love and understanding department.
Yes, but you just don't seem to understand you deprived your son of his rightful "traumatic coming out story".

Now that roman a clef is not going to get written and the appearances on Jerry Springer and Oprah are not going to happen.

And it's your fault.

My parents did the same thing. I've never gotten over their tolerance to this day.

Next time, when your son tries to talk to your wife about his sexuality, disown him. He'll thank you at the book signing.

Helpfully yours (and tongue firmly in cheek)

FBG
Old Jun 30, 2005, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, DL MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
[...] in a straight environment there's almost never any problem getting the male to participate; the females are usually the "gatekeepers". [...] in a similar environment that's exclusively gay, very little of this resistance has to be overcome; that's a big reason why they're there, after all.
Sorry, I just don't think this is accurate. Not only are many (I would say most) gay environments not set up primarily for scoring, even in those that are, most people are far from indiscriminate.

[...]these posts like "If you don't mean A you must mean B. Answer yes or no." aren't helping any.
The structure of my post was "Do you mean A? If so, I disagree, for the following reason. You don't mean B, do you?" I don't believe that this implies that if you don't mean A you must mean B. You might have meant C, although the only interpretations I could come up with were A and B. And I certainly didn't mean to make you answer yes or no; I was asking what you meant.

Anyway, unless I've misunderstood you again, you did mean B. I believe you are trying to learn about gay people and gay culture, so please understand this as it is meant, not as a flame but as education: A lot of straight people assume that gay men will have sex with anyone, anywhere, at the drop of a hat. A lot of gay men, especially young gay men, will; a lot of straight men, especially young straight men, will; a lot of gay men won't. Like any minority subjected to a stereotype, a lot of us are pretty offended by the assumption.

Also, if you really don't want to offend people--which I believe--it would probably be wise to avoid saying "you people", even with a smiley.
Old Jul 1, 2005, 8:27 am

Ghb

Concearning GHB, I've personally never taken it but I've certainly been around it to know what it does. It creates a similar, but longer lasting euphoria than ecstasy. It also causes one to become extremely horny and touchy. It is not uncommon for guys to have spontaneous erections that last a while. If you see a bunch of wild dirty dancing, chances are good GHB are around. I've never noticed the complete lack of inhibitions that GHB is known for, but I may just not notice it.
Old Jul 1, 2005, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Concearning GHB, I've personally never taken it but I've certainly been around it to know what it does. It creates a similar, but longer lasting euphoria than ecstasy. It also causes one to become extremely horny and touchy. It is not uncommon for guys to have spontaneous erections that last a while. If you see a bunch of wild dirty dancing, chances are good GHB are around. I've never noticed the complete lack of inhibitions that GHB is known for, but I may just not notice it.
Are we talking about the same thing? Again, I'm pretty drug naive, but my impression was that GHB acts as combination depressant, tranqualizer, total zone-out agent. So you slip a hit in your date's drink, and very soon you've got a rag doll on your hands. Drag her off to a convenient spot and have at it. Call your friends in to share the wealth. No resistance, often no memory of the event.

Which is why I was surprised that someone would voluntarily take it.

Perhaps I'm confused.
Old Jul 1, 2005, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It is not uncommon for guys to have spontaneous erections that last a while.
IIRC, just being age 13-17 or so was enough. No drugs needed.
Old Jul 1, 2005, 9:10 am

Are we talking about the same thing? Again, I'm pretty drug naive, but my impression was that GHB acts as combination depressant, tranqualizer, total zone-out agent. So you slip a hit in your date's drink, and very soon you've got a rag doll on your hands. Drag her off to a convenient spot and have at it. Call your friends in to share the wealth. No resistance, often no memory of the event.

Which is why I was surprised that someone would voluntarily take it.

Perhaps I'm confused.
I've never seen the effect you refer to occur in people who take the drug. I think it is very doseage dependent, that is, the amount you injest will make a difference. I've seen people add a tiny vial to a beverage and just be wild and energetic....and very, very horny. I think you are lethargic if you overdose on GHB.

Again, I'm not a user so I can only tell what I've observed.

Interstingly, GHB is also used by bodybuilders?!?
Old Jul 1, 2005, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Further information on GHB.

And here.

Last edited by BigLar; Jul 1, 2005 at 9:17 am
Old Jul 1, 2005, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IndyDavid
Too funny, BigLar! My mom & dad are in town this weekend for my partner's master's graduation (his parents are here too)
Your partner has a master? And his master's parents hang around with you guys too?

Wow, I'm so naive!

Originally Posted by FlyBalletGuy
Yes, but you just don't seem to understand you deprived your son of his rightful "traumatic coming out story".
Good point. What a lousy story BigLar's son has.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Looks like I was a bit ahead of the curve on this one. In this week's Newsweek, the cover story is all about meth.

Some pretty scary stuff in there. Take a look at the picture of the woman who's been on meth for about 3 years ... she looks like she's aged about 15. Also a disgusting shot of "meth mouth" and some skin lesions. Ugh.

1. Isn't this similar to what we used to call "speed" back in the '60's? Back then, we figured the average life expectancy of a speed freak was about 5 years. I don't think that's gotten any better.

2. Apparently setting up a meth lab is easy ... and dangerous! The ingredients are pretty flammable, if not downright explosive. Could take out the neighborhood.

3. Odd fact: when one community required Pseudoephedrine products to be behind the counter, meth production dropped by about 90%! And the cold remedy manufacturers are formulating products that can't be turned into meth. Just makes it a bit harder to get the stuff, I suppose, and probably will increase the price.

Naturally, the government still insists that the biggest drug problem we have is marijuana. "Reefer Madness" indeed! If only these people would accept Jesus, all our problems would go away. Maybe "you people" would go away, too.

I've got my ringside tickets for The Rapture. First Class, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.