Happy Endings and Spas

Old Jan 5, 05, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles Platinum, Southwest Airlines Preferred Plus
Happy Endings and Spas

Okay, I'm posting this here because I'm hoping it will be at least a friendly forum to ask a question that has been bothering me for some time.
I enjoy getting spa treatments when I travel. Over the past three or four years, I have had something happen at different spas and I'm just wondering if it is a common occurrence. My "legitimate" full body massages turn into massages with "happy endings". This has happened to me on FOUR different occasions, including once in the spa adjacent to a VERY high end luxury hotel in a major city, once in a hotel room massage in a luxury hotel in a (different) city; and twice in a luxury resort destination spa. On another occasion in a luxury hotel spa in a foreign country there was no true happy ending but definitely some happy touching. ALthough I would like to think it's my own irresitability that is causing this to happen, I really don't understand why it does. I don't say or do anything unusual to prompt it. Is this the dirty little secret of the massage business? Is this why spas are so popular? I wonder if this happens with straight guys also? I would welcome any thoughts.
Old Jan 5, 05, 6:04 pm

I go to spas quite often. In my experience, it never happened in an upscale resort, hotel, or city spas.

Maybe it's just your own irresistable-ness (is that even a word?)

I also assume that your therapists on these occasions are males.
Old Jan 5, 05, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA Gold (lifetime/1.7 MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
I had this happen (or rather, not happen) to me at the Sofitel Saigon Airport Hotel (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam) , a very nice 4-star property. Their spa was really nice and appeared to be quite legitimate. I elected for just a foot massage while my s/o opted for a neck and shoulder massage. My female "therapist" kept trying to get me to go into the back room for a full body massage the whole time and ruined any sense of relaxation. My partner was already in the back room and came out annoyed because his female "therapist" kept trying to give him "extra" services. We tried it again a week later in a smaller city, although it was the nicest hotel there. Same thing. We looked for massages no further. Why doesn't this ever happen with the men?? I was later told by a Vietnamese guy that the Japanese businessmen expect this service, so it is widely available. The government looks the other way.

Last edited by bayotter; Jan 5, 05 at 6:48 pm
Old Jan 5, 05, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This would probably make for an interesting OMNI topic.
Old Jan 6, 05, 11:34 am
mjz

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, *Wood Gold, HHONORS Gold
If you're uncomfortable this may happen going into a massage, leave your underwear on. If they ask you to take them off, state you'd rather not. This will eliminate any monkey business.....
Old Jan 6, 05, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles DM/2MM, AA EXP, IC RA, Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Cool

Originally Posted by BNAFlyer
Okay, I'm posting this here because I'm hoping it will be at least a friendly forum to ask a question that has been bothering me for some time.
I enjoy getting spa treatments when I travel. Over the past three or four years, I have had something happen at different spas and I'm just wondering if it is a common occurrence. My "legitimate" full body massages turn into massages with "happy endings". This has happened to me on FOUR different occasions, including once in the spa adjacent to a VERY high end luxury hotel in a major city, once in a hotel room massage in a luxury hotel in a (different) city; and twice in a luxury resort destination spa. On another occasion in a luxury hotel spa in a foreign country there was no true happy ending but definitely some happy touching. ALthough I would like to think it's my own irresitability that is causing this to happen, I really don't understand why it does. I don't say or do anything unusual to prompt it. Is this the dirty little secret of the massage business? Is this why spas are so popular? I wonder if this happens with straight guys also? I would welcome any thoughts.
Which hotels? What's the phone number?
Old Jan 7, 05, 4:54 pm

Programs: Junior Jet Club
Originally Posted by mjz
If you're uncomfortable this may happen going into a massage, leave your underwear on. If they ask you to take them off, state you'd rather not. This will eliminate any monkey business.....
...then how can you have a correct full back/body massage while wearing underwear. Tight elastic waistbands are contradictory to the massage effect.

On a Cunard cruise last year they insist you wear these pathetic paper pants. I found it ridiculous and said so to my Czech therapist "..we don't need this we are not American!" She agreed and said I know but these are the rules here.
Old Jan 7, 05, 9:51 pm

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
[QUOTE=SYDguy]"..we don't need this we are not American!" QUOTE]

Old Jan 8, 05, 8:07 am

Americans are lawsuit crazy and chronic complainers. I know as I am American. Cunard is right to prevent any thread of lawsuit since most passengers are American.

A Puerto Rican comic said once, "When u make a Puerto Rican angry, we hit you. When you make an American angry, they sue you."
Old Jan 8, 05, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA 1P (residual DL, US, AS), SPG
i'd rather be hit by a lawsuit than a fist anyday.

if someone has a problem with a "happy ending," you push their hand away. Nuff said!
Old Jan 9, 05, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFOTRAVELER
i'd rather be hit by a lawsuit than a fist anyday.
Old Feb 21, 05, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Doppy
A few years back I was at the Hilton in Guayquil, Ecuador and I went down to the spa for a massage. I thought I had won the lottery when I was greeted by a simply stunning guy...alas, he passed me off to a woman to do the hard work. She was working me over and had put quite a bit of lotion on me. While she was working my thighs over, her enthusiasm carried one of her fingers right up my butt hole. I could tell she was horrified, but I thought it was hysterical!

Old Feb 22, 05, 5:39 pm

Programs: OZ*G, VA gold, NZ*G (Elite), QF bronze, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
A truly disturbing image, FridayHarborFlyer - but so funny that I choked on my coffee and now have a ruined keyboard and my co-workers wondering what the hell I was reading!
Old Feb 23, 05, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bayotter
I had this happen (or rather, not happen) to me at the Sofitel Saigon Airport Hotel (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam) , a very nice 4-star property.
Funny, my SO had something similar not happen at the Sheraton SGN, and he was quite taken aback given this was a "reputable" hotel. Female therapist, and after she finished the "legit" massage, asked him if he wanted a "massage there?", pointing to his crotch. Of course he declined...
Old Feb 23, 05, 5:28 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
I always keep my underwear on when I go to massages at nice hotels :-(

BTW, do any of you gay guys actually ask for a "male therapist"?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: