Happy Endings and Spas

Old Feb 23, 05, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daniellam
I always keep my underwear on when I go to massages at nice hotels :-(
Why the ? Don't wear underwear if you don't want to. They don't expect you to. A lot of spa workers will think you're a newbie.

BTW, do any of you gay guys actually ask for a "male therapist"?
In Vegas you're required by law to have one.
Old Feb 23, 05, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA 1P
I'm really not a big fan of massages. The one time I decided to try one out was in a reputable hotel and the guy definitely did not try any happy ending stuff -- and for that I am very, very grateful. I would be embarrased!

In any event, I'm surprised at the fact that in Vegas you need to have a same-sex massage therapist. Is that a city ordinance? I myself would prefer a female one so long as it wasn't the one mentioned above with the quick-to-slip finger!
Old Feb 23, 05, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TakeMeToEZE
In any event, I'm surprised at the fact that in Vegas you need to have a same-sex massage therapist. Is that a city ordinance?
It's a county ordinance. I think women can have men or women therapists, but men can only have male therapists. Presumably that's some kind of anti-prostitution regulation.
Old Feb 23, 05, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1P (residual DL, US, AS), SPG
I always ask for a male, simply because generally they have stronger hands and I prefer deep tissue work. However, I have had some very strong female bodyworkers who were awesome, and some guys who were not very good at all.

My funniest experience was just a few months ago in Amsterdam. After walking all day in LON and AMS for 10 days in very cold weather, my whole body was pretty messed up. My B&B host tipped me off to the magnificent "Deco Spa," a day spa originally built in the 1920s as a small department store in Paris which was later disassembled, shipped to, and rebuilt in AMS. I booked a massage and was told to use the steam/sauna, etc. until my appointment in an hour with Hercules (no joke!). I had visions of...well let's just say that I imagine that my jaw visibly dropped when I walked into the treatment room and saw a guy who was probably 5'3" and 89 lbs...he was decent, but not exceptional...
Old Feb 23, 05, 7:46 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by Doppy
It's a county ordinance. I think women can have men or women therapists, but men can only have male therapists. Presumably that's some kind of anti-prostitution regulation.
Based on the assumption by the people who wrote the regulation that homosexuality dosen't exist...
Old Feb 24, 05, 1:34 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
I always keep my underwear on when I go to massages at nice hotels :-(

I always get butt naked... Never had a happy ending (dont really want one frankly), but I do always request a male, I prefer a deep tissue massage and one time had a woman, always requested a male after that...

-Vincent
Old Feb 24, 05, 9:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, AS MVP Gold 75, UA Prem Plat, LH Silver
I've been going to Massages for years. I like full body massages and really enjoy getting "a release" at the end. That's the "official" term. Unfortunately I have never had a release at a fancy hotel/resort spa. But my biggest complaint at many of these places is that they drape you almost like a mummy, then uncover one inch of something, work on it, then cover it up again and go on, etc, etc.

I usually ask for a man therapist. Though generally I don't bother anymore and just look for a gay man in a gay rag and go there. Problem is: many aren't good and just want to get you off.

My partner is a CMT, gives people a release if they so desire. BTW, he is not interested in a release when he gets a massage. Different strokes........
Old Feb 25, 05, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Nobbi
My partner is a CMT, gives people a release if they so desire. BTW, he is not interested in a release when he gets a massage. Different strokes........
I think that would disturb me if I was in your shoes. It sounds like prostitution.
Old Feb 25, 05, 10:50 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, CX Bus
where do you guys go that you get full service at these spas?? I've been to many and not once has it happened yet...
Old Feb 25, 05, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by trvlr70
I think that would disturb me if I was in your shoes. It sounds like prostitution.
Sounds more like ejeculation to me...
Old Feb 25, 05, 8:50 pm

If I were in yours in NC, it probably would also.

But, alas, I'm near SFO, born in FRA, so it doesn't disturb me.

I, in fact, encouraged him. ^

(He needed a little extra push since he stems from way north of MSP.)

Old Feb 28, 05, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Nobbi
If I were in yours in NC, it probably would also.

But, alas, I'm near SFO, born in FRA, so it doesn't disturb me.

I, in fact, encouraged him. ^

(He needed a little extra push since he stems from way north of MSP.)

Well, actually, I am Swiss and grew up mostly in Mill Valley, CA which is about one of the most liberal places around. I wasn't trying to be judgmental....sorry.
Old Feb 28, 05, 6:52 pm

Well, actually, I am Swiss and grew up mostly in Mill Valley, CA which is about one of the most liberal places around. I wasn't trying to be judgmental....sorry.

Oops! Entschuldigung. J'espere que tu peux m'excuser.

N
Old Feb 28, 05, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
Cool

Originally Posted by vincom
I always get butt naked... Never had a happy ending (dont really want one frankly), but I do always request a male, I prefer a deep tissue massage and one time had a woman, always requested a male after that...

-Vincent
ditto, and this from a female. The women just don't work you hard enough, unless you're in Thailand, then a steel vise would barely compare. And most males, I have found, are gay, so I don't expect a happy ending, although at a very upscale spa resort in AZ I almost went on an overnite date with this gorgeous big strong Indian guy after he asked me out during my massage. He explained it was a locals only sweat lodge thing with everyone inside this tent naked ... I know you only live once and this may have been something I would regret not doing, but I had been hiking, etc. all day and was just too tired

Gosh, you guys have great threads over here. I have to get to this forum more often

Last edited by lisamcgu; Feb 28, 05 at 8:10 pm
Old Feb 28, 05, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lisamcgu
Gosh, you guys have great threads over here. I have to get to this forum more often
There's a reason why they calls us "gay"

Search this Thread
Search Engine: