Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Santiago suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2015, 8:45 pm
Suspended

What's the verdict with respect to lodging? Anything in a central, nice looking area within walking distance to restaurants?
Old Jun 23, 2015, 9:14 am

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead to see if anyone has any new info on gay nightlife here. Also looking for a rec for a decent hotel, doesn't have to be associated with a major chain.

Thanks
Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:57 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
I recommend The Aubrey. Located right in Bellavista and gay friendly. The Singular is a brand new hotel in Lastarria across the river. Haven't stayed there, but it looks nice and has generally gotten good reviews. It's on my radar next time I am in Santiago.

Vox Populi is gay owned and well regarded among the locals. I am not really into the disco/club scene.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Most of the info in this thread is 10-15 years old, but instead of starting a new thread I thought I'd start here.
Any updates? Thanks!
Old May 2, 2019, 1:17 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Most of the info in this thread is 10-15 years old, but instead of starting a new thread I thought I'd start here.
Any updates? Thanks!
The Aubrey is still lovely, new ownership and double glazing (ask for pavilion rooms for absolute calm).
Boragó (one of the world's best restaurants) changed location and a newcomer is 99 restaurante.
Old May 2, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by behuman
The Aubrey is still lovely, new ownership and double glazing (ask for pavilion rooms for absolute calm).
Boragó (one of the world's best restaurants) changed location and a newcomer is 99 restaurante.
Thanks for the hotel and restaurant recommendations.
Can anyone add gay bar/club/sauna etc?
Thanks again.

Bumping my own thread.... anyone with night life ideas/recommendations? Thanks!

Last edited by kyushuman; Jun 17, 2019 at 7:19 pm Reason: bump
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:20 pm

Thanks for the hotel and restaurant recommendations.
Can anyone add gay bar/club/sauna etc?
Thanks again.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:54 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
My information is going to be a few years old, so instead, I'll point you to the following, which might give you some ideas (and none of it is inconsistent with what I know):
https://nomadicboys.com/gay-guide-sa...rs_in_Santiago

Basically, Bellavista is the center of the action. I can vouch for Bar 105 and have heard of Fausto (I think someone talked about it upthread). I'm going back to Santiago in August, so might have more updated information then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.