Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gay Tokyo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2010, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by pnoeric
Ok-- thanks. I think I ended up settling on a private flat rental in Shinjuku, which is probably ideal.
Looking forward to hearing how it goes--how much was it? Location? Do tell!
Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 19, 2010, 7:12 am

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Exclamation

Which agency did you go through? There are a couple cr*p ones to be avoided!
Old Oct 13, 2010, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
In tokyo at the moment and maybe it's just me but it all seems very quiet!?

Anyone around that would like to go for a (resonably priced) meal and/or drink tomorrow (Thursday) evening?

This is my first time in Tokyo and have only been here a day and leave Friday). And speak no Japanese. But I am in Shinjuku and can find Shinjuku road and station!

PM if you're interested!
Old Oct 14, 2010, 2:15 am

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Oh! I would've met you tonight but have to work late.
If you can locate Advocates in 2 chome Shinjuku, you should be able to have a decent time for a Thursday.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 6:23 am

Discount code, Hyatt Regency

FYI if you don't follow the Hyatt forum, you can use the code TYO304 at the Hyatt Regency in Shinjuku - it's prepaid, but I managed to get about 20+% off the lowest rate, with an upgraded room. It made it more or less comparable to other hotels in the area for my stay at the end of the month

Today (18-Oct) is the last day though... full details at travelzoo: http://www.travelzoo.com/hotels/inte...660/?tz_cs=DNY

Last edited by tosteve; Oct 18, 2010 at 6:29 am
Old Nov 2, 2010, 8:40 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Oh my goodness - I have just arrived in Tokyo, staying at Lonestar Hotel in Shinjuku, and to say that I feel like a fish out of water is an understatement!!

I'm only here till friday 5th November, and the main issue i have is with food! I'm sure that I will find all the gay bars (well, I did find and spend 2 hours at the sauna this evening!), and am thinking of Advocates or Tacs Knot tomorrow. With Food , al I can find are restaurants with Japanese Menus! Can anyone recommend a place or two or a dozen where I can find an English written Menu to help me along? The added complication is that I an pescetarian - ie I don't eat meat, but do eat seafood!!

Any help would be appreciated. Also if anyone is up for a drink and a meal and a chat to give me the lay of the land, that would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

G&T
Old Nov 10, 2010, 9:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
plenty of seafood, I just find places with the plastic food and point lol!!!
Old Mar 7, 2011, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

soooo... anyone in, or planning to be in Tokyo this weekend (Thu 10th -Mon 14th) that would be interested in catching up for drinks/food?
Old Mar 7, 2011, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
soooo... anyone in, or planning to be in Tokyo this weekend (Thu 10th -Mon 14th) that would be interested in catching up for drinks/food?
It's still chilly here in Tokyo (snowed yesterday). So make sure you stay warm. Plum blossoms are in full bloom. Go see them if you are interested like Shinjuku Gyoen Garden or something like that.

There are so many cherry blossom related products at Muji, starbucks, other stores as spring is on its way. They could be interesting souvenirs for your family and friends

Let me know if you need any info about Tokyo/Japan. Happy early spring stay in Tokyo!
Old Mar 8, 2011, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Two of us arrive at NRT on 11th and depart on 14th March. Will be at bars for drinks on Friday pm.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 4:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Snow? bummer..!
Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by izzik
Snow? bummer..!
The rest of this week is looking pretty good. It does get cold at night though.

Last edited by tokioblue; Mar 9, 2011 at 12:30 am
Old Mar 9, 2011, 8:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tokioblue
The rest of this week is looking pretty good. It does get cold at night though.
well, i'm sure there will be ways to keep warm there.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So it looks like there are a few of us around this weekend! I am up for drinks on friday if anyone has ideas on how we could arrange that (bars sound good!)

perhaps via PM?
Old Mar 10, 2011, 1:05 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by tokioblue
There are so many cherry blossom related products at Muji, starbucks, other stores as spring is on its way. They could be interesting souvenirs for your family and friends
I was just there last week... I love the Sakura merchandise at Starbucks! I bought one of the most beautiful travel cups I've ever seen. And the Sakura Latte and chiffon cake is yummy too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.