Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite Gay Bar Anywhere?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I love the stock bar. Is it still men only?

I used to love the Stud in montreal and that was men only and some girl sued the bar over discrimination because they wouldn't allow women in.

Originally Posted by 100,000miler
Stock Bar, Montreal, bar none. Very hot joint.

Going to RIO and Sao Paulo and would like good advice for strip clubs saunas, etc.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, NYC MTA Gold, AA EXP
Townhouse Tokyo--very different demographic to NYC's namesake.

Located in Shimbashi, very big compared to other Japanese gay bars.
If you like Japanese "Salary Men"(aka white collar office workers) in 30s, suit/tie, mostly very masculine guys....Yum!
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Boxers is fun. ^ Some pretty bartenders. ^

http://www.boxersnyc.com

Reminds me a bit of the old Champs place. Seems to be trying to strike a balance between Gym and Splash. It's adjacent to the old Limelight, to the east of 6th Avenue. They have a really good Happy Hour, too.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by palermo
ku - London
^

Pretty much any bar in Chueca, Madrid
Bad boy!
Old Jul 7, 2010, 5:24 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I don't know if it's still there (it was in October, 2009) but Shanghai in Portland, OR.

I went there with a friend of mine and we actually didn't realize it was a gay bar until we sat down. He immeadiately wanted to leave but I told him we should at least have one beer and enjoy ourselves. As it turned out they had a great beer selection, some very friendly (and interesting) patrons and good service. We eventually left to continue our plan to drink Portland out of beer (we didn't) but with a good time had by both. I was glad to be around for his first Gay Bar experience.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 8:19 pm

Cheers, So Miami Fl
Old Aug 8, 2010, 7:29 pm

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Thumbs up

Arty Farty in Tokyo!

Especially on Saturday nights.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 11:08 pm

JR's in D.C.? Seriously? I lived on 17th Street in Dupont for years up until recently and that bar sucks!
Old Sep 28, 2010, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I like the Abbey in LA (only been there once though), and Crew in Chicago.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
I like the Abbey in LA (only been there once though), and Crew in Chicago.
I liked crews old menu better. Wish they would have kept the onion straws they are a lot better than the onion rings.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:20 pm

Did a search of this thread but the last few posts were a year or so old, so things may have changed.

Either way, anyone recommend a good club in Montreal for the young-ish (18-21) crowd? My younger brother foolishly admitted that he was curious what a gay club was like and I'm looking to show him a good time.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by firequall
Did a search of this thread but the last few posts were a year or so old, so things may have changed.

Either way, anyone recommend a good club in Montreal for the young-ish (18-21) crowd? My younger brother foolishly admitted that he was curious what a gay club was like and I'm looking to show him a good time.
Complexe Sky!
Old Nov 9, 2010, 8:54 am

Programs: UA 1K
I still love DJ Station in Bangkok. It might just be all of the good memories from my younger days. I'll find out in two weeks.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 8:06 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines, BMI Gold, United 1K
Originally Posted by MichaelWCS
I still love DJ Station in Bangkok. It might just be all of the good memories from my younger days. I'll find out in two weeks.
DJ Station is fun, provided you do not mind the sardine-can feeling. But that's BKK...love it!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 8:19 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Kobalt in Central Phoenix. Good atmosphere, reasonably priced drinks and they have thrice weekly poker tournaments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.