Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roll Call Thread Part II

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2005, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Originally Posted by NYEsq
Been reading FT for a few months now, and happily just stumbled across this board. I'm a 24 year old law student in Philly now, headed to NY Biglaw this summer. My BF and I are going (with miles) to Buenos Aires next month (any suggestions welcomed...) Anyway, I am glad to see that I'm not the only crazy G guy out there.
Welcome! We are interested in Buenos Aires as well, so any suggestions would be twice as useful.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 3:34 am

Hey, I'm usually lurking around a-net, but I refused to shell out cash to comment on a v b wars, so I found this place! I'm 19 from Manila, and I've been around the weirdest places, and I'm terribly fond of fabulous trips, and I can't wait for my next one to europe!
Old Feb 17, 2005, 3:26 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Welcome Solblanc!!!
Old Feb 18, 2005, 3:33 pm

Programs: Delta, Omni, Starwood
Hello. I am new to this site, but have been reading it for awhile. I'm from the Boston area and travel just about every day of the week as a consultant. Although my trips bring me along the east coast, I spent a lot of time in NYC, FL, Seattle and LA.

Delta and Starwood keep me happy and I'm sure they are happy I am happy
Old Feb 20, 2005, 2:12 pm

Ever Wake Up Laughing

Hi Folks - My work travel lately has been confined to short hops on WN so I haven't been around here much. However, I did think of this site recently when I woke up laughing. In my morning stupor, I somehow got it in my head to wonder what would happen if all airport codes ended in X. San Francisco would be famous for special effects. Amsterdam would no longer accept Visa. Dallas would be unreliable. San Diego would become a jazz mecca. Paperless tickets would be gone at Fresno. Las Vegas would be even more like LA. Memphis concessions would serve only tacos. Boston, absent ice hockey, would turn to boxing. But most importantly, and what got me laughing, was that we would all book one way flights to Seattle! - Rich
Old Feb 20, 2005, 3:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by SqueezeTheGrape
Hi Folks - My work travel lately has been confined to short hops on WN so I haven't been around here much. However, I did think of this site recently when I woke up laughing. In my morning stupor, I somehow got it in my head to wonder what would happen if all airport codes ended in X. San Francisco would be famous for special effects. Amsterdam would no longer accept Visa. Dallas would be unreliable. San Diego would become a jazz mecca. Paperless tickets would be gone at Fresno. Las Vegas would be even more like LA. Memphis concessions would serve only tacos. Boston, absent ice hockey, would turn to boxing. But most importantly, and what got me laughing, was that we would all book one way flights to Seattle! - Rich
You're much more intellectual in your morning stupor than I am.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 6:50 pm

Welcome billyray and SqueezeTheGrape!!!
Old Feb 20, 2005, 7:18 pm

Programs: Skymiles, Mileage Plus, NW, CO
Hi From Boston

Hi I have been lurking for a while. using tips from all you wonderful people. I just love this site and find ppl here very helpful and friendly.
I travel primaily for pleasure. It will be nice to meet other FTers from the greater boston area. I will be in chicago april 11-15, so if any FTers would like to meet for a drink i will game for that.

I am 32, single and originally from India and here's my profile from gay.com for more info.

http://my.gay.com/bostonkabob

Udaan
Old Feb 20, 2005, 8:13 pm

Welcome udaan!!!
Old Feb 24, 2005, 4:08 am

Programs: Newbie in everything =p
Heya... im Jaden, 21 yo in Orange County, CA (the OC)... theres already an abundance of shirtless surfers in nearby Huntington Beach, so the only reason why I travel is to see more of the sights and to discover more of this mystical giant we call the "world". And ofcourse cuties from other cultures is a added bonus. I normally travel alone, sometimes with a friend, but since im still in college, I havent really committed to anyone yet... (hint hint guys!)... im heading up to SF (first REAL time) this weekend... pointers on which places to check out peoples ? I'll be there for the weekend!
Old Feb 24, 2005, 12:07 pm

Welcome OmniScorpio!!!
Old Feb 28, 2005, 2:48 pm

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
Originally Posted by peteropny
Welcome Nobbi!!! There are a few psychiatrists on here too (including my partner).
Uh oh..

<<(checking my meds)>>

Anyway, welcome to all the new folks! I am sitting in the middle of a snowstorm in Alexandria, VA. with work being cancelled. I absolutely cannot wait until the PSP Gayla.. let's hope it's gonna be warm!

And any newbies who would like to jump on a plane or train or automobile are always welcome in Palm Springs!
Old Feb 28, 2005, 7:19 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Is it possible i never logged into this thread? My nakme is Tom and I'm a many year FTer - flying about 150-200,000 year mostly on UA and StarA. I live in SF, and am the director of an art center in Oakland. Flying is both work and addiction, plus many friends in Paris and London, family in italy, and am now ending a 3 year relationship with my Swiss boyfriend.

Has anybody else lasted more than three years in a further distanced relationship than my SFO-GVA?
Old Feb 28, 2005, 8:35 pm

Welcome 1k-all-the-way!!!!
Old Mar 3, 2005, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Greetings All -

Thought I should add my 2 cents as well! I live in Chicago with my partner of 7 years. I work out of my home office and commute to DFW about once a month plus lots of midwest regional travel. I work in the meetings industry and changed organizations about 3 months ago after 15 years at Starwood and Hyatt. 99% of my travel is on AA and this year I decided to gun for EXP again (having earned it in 2001 thanks to the many fine folks on FT!).

I tend to do the quick turn MR (FRI-SUN or SAT-MON) and this year I am (gulp) gonna do 'em in coach! Of course, my partner thinks I am insane for doing these trips....until we cash in the miles for F tickets to Sydney!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.