Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Juan advice

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2003, 5:33 pm
dll
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
San Juan advice

Hello boys (and girls!)

I am planning a trip to Puerto Rico May 17-22 - tentatively planning to stay the whole time in San Juan. The purpose of my trip is to escape for a few days from the hectic life I head in San Francisco, and find some warm weather!

I need some advice - I've read lots about the Atlantic Beach Hotel. That sounds fun. What else should I do while I'm there? I love snorkeling, cultural experiences, off-the-beaten path restaurants are a must (the more ethnic and grungy the better, and I speak Spanish so that's a non-issue).

Please either reply to this thread or e-mail me directly and hook me up with your advice.

Old May 6, 2003, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Titanium
If you like hiking, bring your hiking boots and some lightweight rain gear and head to El Yunque rainforest, about an hour east of San Juan. You can take a tour there but I think that it is better on your own - rent a car, even if for the day.

As for food, try some roadside stands (you will get tired of seeing American fast food joints every where). Instead, look for the outdoor mom and pop places. The food is good, authentic and cheap. I speak Spanish and my partner is Puerto Rican and have enjoyed many a meal at these types of places. Even if you don't speak Spanish, stop and just point at what you want.

Enjoy your trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.