Raleigh, NC - RDU

Old May 22, 2002, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum
Raleigh, NC - RDU

Anyone have any personal recommendations, gay or otherwise for fun things to do in Raleigh-Durham? I am going down there for work in the middle of June. I've heard of this bar/club called Legends, any reviews?

Chris
Old May 22, 2002, 9:40 am

Isn't RDU an AA hub? Does that mean you'll have to switch from USair?

<gasps>

Stephen
Old May 22, 2002, 9:41 am
Original Poster

USAIR provides direct frequent service to RDU. I am changing in CLT though for the extra segment on the way down.
Old May 22, 2002, 11:12 am

Catwood,

I have family in the area so am there every so often. Legends is a younger crowd (not that we aren't young!) and the other bars around the area are mostly male-oriented. The CC is nearby however and I have seen some women in there.

I believe there is a girl's bar over in Durham - but not sure of the name.

There are some nice restaurants in the area, some of which have been nationally recognized. It's also a beautiful area, worth getting of the RDU Triangle to see more of what the state has to offer.

Cheers,
CanGuy
Old May 22, 2002, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA EP
Hey Chris

When and for how long will you be in Charlotte? It would be great to meet a fellow glbt and US FTer...

[This message has been edited by la2clt (edited 05-22-2002).]
Old May 23, 2002, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Actually just passing through CLT for about 45 minutes on my way to raleigh, which seems to be my usual, went through CLT on my way to Baton Rouge earlier this year.
Old Apr 6, 2004, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium,
Any New News on RDU?

Thought I would bump this ... I'm heading to Raleigh in a few days, and while I've been there several times I've never solicited any FTers opinions about the area ... any new news about the RDU area other than what's already been said? Restaurants ... bars/clubs ... etc.?
Old Apr 7, 2004, 12:03 am

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Legends (younger raver/dance crowd) and CC's (stands for Capital Corral, a little older crowd and more grounded) are still there on Hargett Street. Flex (leather bar) is around the corner.

Lower Glenwood Ave. has experienced a revitalization in the last few years and has a yuppie/trendy area with a lot of bars and restaurants that are interesting to stop through as well as a pre-dance club experience.
Old Apr 7, 2004, 6:51 am

Chris - give me a shout, I'm in GSO. We could get together for a drink or two
Old Apr 7, 2004, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

its Rob..not me...sorry!
Old Apr 9, 2004, 7:48 am

I'm here in Chapel Hill, and been here for several years...I wasn't purposefully avoiding answering here, but I can't tell you much about the scene. I went to legends a couple times a few years ago, and it's pretty typical for a smaller-town gay bar, I think.

If you're into outdoors at all, I can be of a little more help, and if you're just looking to get out and not interested in doing 'gay' things, I can tell you even more.

What kind of info you looking for specifically?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.