FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   GLBT Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glbt-travelers-218/)
-   -   Whos still around? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glbt-travelers/1987759-who-s-still-around.html)

Foady Sep 18, 19 3:27 am

Whos still around?

Its been many years since Ive been on FT and well, I decided to come back for a trip down memory lane. We sure had a lot of fun back in the day with our Gaylas!

Any of the old crew still check/use this forum?

MegatopLover Sep 21, 19 9:16 am

I’m still regularly on FlyerTalk but I rarely check this forum. Unfortunately this forum died many years ago.

NOLAnwGOLD Nov 4, 19 1:15 am

Yeah doesn't seem to be very active anymore....let's change it!

zitsky Nov 5, 19 3:54 pm

What do you mean, it died? What was it like before?

wharvey Nov 8, 19 5:42 pm

Some of us are getting older.... but still check in here daily! :)

Adam1222 Nov 13, 19 3:45 pm

Oh hello.

olafman Nov 16, 19 12:34 pm

I was just thinking the same thing! I used to actively participate in this forum. I even threw a couple of Galas: Gay Oktoberfest and SF.

Then life got busy. Too much work travel.

Out of the blue, I thought about this forum and everyone that Ive met through FT.

So hello again.

zitsky Nov 16, 19 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by olafman (Post 31743744)
I was just thinking the same thing! I used to actively participate in this forum. I even threw a couple of Galas: Gay Oktoberfest and SF.

Then life got busy. Too much work travel.

Out of the blue, I thought about this forum and everyone that Ive met through FT.

So hello again.

So when's your next party?

newyorkgeorge Nov 20, 19 11:00 am

This forum years back was much more active but then FB, Instagram, Twitter now have information and are considered the go to sites for gay destinations. Most particularly young gay men/women (this site I think is more male related) probably use Instragram to post and share information and experiences.

kyushuman Nov 20, 19 8:41 pm

Funny I haven't been here either for months or more-- and here I am seeing this! I enjoyed at least 3 Gaylas in Palm Springs-- in fact, before the FT Gaylas, I'd never been to PSP! Now have been maybe 7 or 8 times. I remember when we rented out nearly the entire Desert Moon hotel (which subsequently went out of business after threatening me and others after we'd posted so-so reviews (my review was 3*) on Trip Advisor.
Then another year we took over a small resort in Palm Desert, can't remember the name.
Fun times! Olafman, who organized those Gaylas?? I can't remember his name (or handle) on here. Still friends on Instagram with MissyDarlin, you, and a few more!

olafman Nov 25, 19 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by kyushuman (Post 31760225)
Olafman, who organized those Gaylas?? I can't remember his name (or handle) on here. Still friends on Instagram with MissyDarlin, you, and a few more!

Yes, I think I also did three of the Palm Springs Gaylas. Fun times those! I'm not sure of the organizer's name anymore but he worked his ... off to make sure we all had fun. One year there was an incredible wind storm that affected our pool side dinner. But I do remember the water/pool show did go on. Not many FT meetups have synchronized swimming!! I remember laughing my ... off. Good times.

It's funny because when my family and I spent a whole year traveling, we used Couchsurfing to meet local people instead of sleeping on their couches. It was a great experience and a slightly different kind of traveler. But lots of kind hearts. I hadn't been on the CS website in a while either so I logged in over the summer. There were lots of people asking about Dore Alley and Folsom Street Fairs so I ended up kind of hosting activities and we had about 7 guys gather for Folsom. It wasn't exactly your typical FT Gayla.

Anyway, I'm happy to organize something for Dore in July 2020 and/or Folsom 2020 in September. Any interest? Both are super fun events. Google them if you've never been. :)

-Olafman

Adam1222 Nov 25, 19 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by olafman (Post 31776506)
Yes, I think I also did three of the Palm Springs Gaylas. Fun times those! I'm not sure of the organizer's name anymore but he worked his ... off to make sure we all had fun. One year there was an incredible wind storm that affected our pool side dinner. But I do remember the water/pool show did go on. Not many FT meetups have synchronized swimming!! I remember laughing my ... off. Good times.

It's funny because when my family and I spent a whole year traveling, we used Couchsurfing to meet local people instead of sleeping on their couches. It was a great experience and a slightly different kind of traveler. But lots of kind hearts. I hadn't been on the CS website in a while either so I logged in over the summer. There were lots of people asking about Dore Alley and Folsom Street Fairs so I ended up kind of hosting activities and we had about 7 guys gather for Folsom. It wasn't exactly your typical FT Gayla.

Anyway, I'm happy to organize something for Dore in July 2020 and/or Folsom 2020 in September. Any interest? Both are super fun events. Google them if you've never been. :)

-Olafman

I'll be in town for Dore!

jamesteroh Nov 27, 19 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222 (Post 31776846)
I'll be in town for Dore!

I haven't been to Dore or Folsom in a few years but am hoping to go to one or both in 2020 and am always up for a meet up

Only time I've done a meet up on this forum was a few years ago at the NYC DO when a good friend and I were in NYC and we both had a lot of fun.

I thinking I'll be at IML in 2020 this year if people want to do a meet up in Chicago in May.

kyushuman Nov 30, 19 12:28 am

Originally Posted by olafman (Post 31776506)
I'm not sure of the organizer's name anymore but he worked his ... off to make sure we all had fun. I think it's Good Karma Guy (?)

-Olafman

I've never been to either! Next July I hope to be in Japan for the Olympics but depending on when Dore is, that would be great. September is a possibility too!

olafman Dec 2, 19 10:19 am

Alright, I'm going to post a new thread for a SF Gayla for one of the Gay High Holy Holidays.

-Olafman