Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Gay Games 2022 will be in Hong Kong

Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott

I've always wanted to see Hong Kong and the games in Chicago were really fun.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:31 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I'm on the email list for athletes. Here is what they sent out last week:
HONG KONG/SAN FRANCISCO, 31 May 2019 - The Federation of Gay Games (FGG) together with the Gay Games 11 Hong Kong 2022’s management team announced today the 36 sports which will be offered at the event hosted in Hong Kong in November 2022. For the first time in the history of the Gay Games, E-Sports and Dodgeball are among the sports to be included in the final sports list.The 36 sports featured at Gay Games 11 Hong Kong 2022 are:

Aquatic Sports

1. Diving
2. Open Water Swimming
3. Synchronised Swimming
4. Swimming / Pink Flamingo
5. Water Polo

Athletics Sports

6. Marathon: Full
7. Marathon: Half
8. Road Race: 10km
9. Road Race: 5km
10. Track & Field
11. Trail Running
19. Combined Events: Triathlon

Ballgames Sports

12. Basketball and Wheelchair Basketball
13. Dodgeball **
14. Football (Soccer)
15. Rugby Sevens
16. Softball
17. Volleyball

Cross-disciplinary Sports

18. Cheerleading *
20. Dance Sport
21. E-Sports **
22. Figure Skating*
23. Golf
24. Ten Pin Bowling

Racquet Sports

25. Badminton
26. Squash
27. Table Tennis
28. Tennis

Mat Sports

29. Fencing
30. Martial Arts
31. Physique Bodybuilding
32. Powerlifting
33. Wrestling

Water sports

34. Rowing
35. Dragon Boat Racing
36. Sailing
* Sports which were not featured in the initial proposal (bid book) but are now added to the final list due to the large support in the region.**Sports which were not featured in the initial proposal (bid book) but are now added to the final list due to the large support in the region. These sports are also making a historical entry in the Gay Games.For questions related to specific sports, please email our Sports Director at [email protected]Sabrina Yang, Gay Games Hong Kong Sports Director said: 'While compiling the list we wanted to make sure that we struck a good balance between traditionally popular sports among Gay Games participants from around the world, and sports enjoyed in the region like Dragon Boat Racing and Dodgeball, as well as new disciplines like E-Sports. It was a bit of a challenge, but I think we have succeeded, and we are looking forward to the best Gay Games ever.”Sean Fitzgerald, co-president of the Federation of Gay Games (FGG), the sanctioning body of the Gay Games, is also very excited about the sports that will be included in Hong Kong in 2022: ”For the first Gay Games held in Asia, we believe that the sports offered will attract returning Gay Games participants as well as new sports enthusiasts from the region. A perfect mix ensuring that Hong Kong becomes a trailblazer for increased progress in diversity and inclusion in the world’s most populous region.”Joanie Evans, co-president of the Federation of Gay Games (FGG) echoed the above and also wanted to highlight that the sports list was specially designed to appeal to new demographics including more women, trans and queer individuals and young adults: ”Since 1982, the Gay Games have brought together people from all walks of life, without discrimination, around the values of diversity, respect, equality, solidarity, and sharing. I believe the Hong Kong Gay Games will be a perfect example of that.”
There's tons of info on the website:
https://www.gaygameshk2022.com/
Old Nov 13, 2019, 8:17 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Hong Kong is awesome, I was just there a week before the riots started! Though the current issues are a bit troubling...wonder how things will be by 2022

WPATH is also in HK (the world providers conference for transgendered health)

I'm surprised these are not in Taipei since that's the most "liberal" legally at least.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.