Search

Lisbon Pride 2018 Dates?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2017, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Lisbon Pride 2018 Dates?

Hello,

My partner and I want to be in Lisbon for Pride in 2018 but I cannot find out the exact dates.

According to http://www.gaytravel4u.com/event/lisbon-gay-pride/ it is the last weekend of June and seems two have two distinct parts: the Parade on the "first Saturday of the Pride festival" (so is there more than one Saturday involved?) and Arraial Gay Pride Village, which it says is also the last weekend in June. (And I am not clear if the Parade and Arraial are the same weekend or different ones with a week in between.) Other sources are equally unclear.

The problem is that in 2018, the last day of June is a Saturday. So is the "last weekend of June" the 23/24, or June 30 - July 1? If on different weekends, which is the Parade, and which is Arraial? If they are different weekends, and we only have time to do one, which would be more fun?

I emailed the organizers a month or so ago and to their credit they responded promptly, but without much of an answer. It was something like, "We don't know yet; it depends on the city's planning," with no hint of when they might know more or when to check back.

Any locals or others in the know or have any insight as to other sources I could consult?

Last edited by Bear96; Oct 1, 2017 at 11:04 am
Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Wow, it must be quite a well-kept secret!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.