Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Sitges - Festa Major in August

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Anyone planning on attending?

I'll be there with my partner 20-28 August. The main festival runs 21-27 August, although Tuesday 23rd is the big fiesta with a huge parade, fireworks in the street, big fireworks display in the evening, and so on.

Although Sitges in the summer is party central, this festival makes the town feel different: thousands of people from across Spain come to enjoy it, so it kind-of makes the mix of the town a little different. It's a lot of fun.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Did you end up going? considering going in August this year
Old Jan 27, 2017, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
It's a lot of fun. I recall some spectacular fireworks on the beach and town very busy.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fa Hz
Did you end up going? considering going in August this year
Yes I did. And I'm going again this year

Sitges is a great place to visit anyway, but the festival adds an extra note to the place. Aside from the holidaymakers, it draws in big crowds of Spanish people - particularly younger people. The parades are something else - fireworks going off in narrow streets. The big fireworks display on one of the evenings is a real draw - the promenade and the main beaches facing the church are packed. We joined a couple of friends on the beach with a bottle of Cava and some plastic cups. The atmosphere was just great.

As you can tell, I'd recommend it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.