Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Panama gaycation

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Panama gaycation

Anyone have any ideas/thoughts about a Panama gaycation the last week in August? Are there any beach resorts that cater to the gay crowd.
I've never been, will be solo and have never been there before.
Feel free to PM me
Thx
GRF
Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:59 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
It's a pretty closeted Latin American country. Conservative, by Latin standards; not many gay venues or open spaces.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:00 pm

Programs: Yes, I belong.
We went in January 2015 and there were two places.

Thr older one (can’t remember the name; in between the two main malls downtown). It was pretty tiny and I think we were the only non-Panamanians there.

The newer one (I happened upon it a day or two after it opened), was on 48 East (I think) just off of Uruguay, on the second level (stairs from street). It was busy and had a more diverse crowd and cheap drinks (glasses not washed in between...)
Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: AA/UAL/DL/ATA
Panama Gay life

I've been to Panama many times since 2000. There was a time for several years after the Canal was handed back to Panama that Gay life in Panama City was booming. Many great places to go for Gay people. Even a fledgling Gay Rights movement. Some really fun Discos, many local bars. Seemed like real progress was being made. But after about 10 years it has just about all faded away. Very few places left. No longer a thriving Gay scene. I don't know why it failed, but it's a big disappointment. Probably oppression by an unfriendly government & police force. There used to be a fantastic Sauna (Turcos) but it was raided & closed down. There is another Sauna now, but pretty sedate by comparison. Now I go more to Costa Rica where the Gay scene is thriving. Many other Latin countries are rather Gay Friendly these days.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:44 pm

I

Originally Posted by grf1953
Anyone have any ideas/thoughts about a Panama gaycation the last week in August? Are there any beach resorts that cater to the gay crowd.
I've never been, will be solo and have never been there before.
Feel free to PM me
Thx
GRF
I was in panama last month.. Did not find any gay beaches. But some gay crowd gathered on a beach near my hotel but it was just luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.