Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Elska: New Gay Travel Photography Magazine

Old Oct 17, 15, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler, Hilton HHonors Gold

Hey, flyertalkers. I've been a member on here for about ten years and thought I'd introduce myself and what I'm up to. Some months ago I quit my day job to do something with my passion for travel, photography, and well, men. What I did was start Elska, a bi-monthly male photography, culture and travel publication.

Each issue is shot in a different city with local guys. We also include their stories to help give a flavour of their culture and perspective. It's part intellectual gay pin-up mag and part travel journal. Our first issue was shot in Lviv, Ukraine. Issue (02) comes out soon and was shot in Berlin. Reykjavík will follow that.

Please spread the word and I invite anyone interested to get involved, whether it's to help choose future destinations or to be photographed yourselves. By the way, we use regular guys, not models. I'm trying to make a community of Elska subscribers and fans, and really keep this project going for years to come.

Cheers,
Liam

www.elskamagazine.com
Old Oct 17, 15, 5:16 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Very arty, but I don't know who the market for this type of magazine is?

Also I find the price point way too expensive in comparison to other glossy "lifestyle" mags.

Good luck with your venture.
Old Oct 18, 15, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by dddc View Post
Very arty, but I don't know who the market for this type of magazine is?

Also I find the price point way too expensive in comparison to other glossy "lifestyle" mags.

Good luck with your venture.
Well it is an art publication, not a lifestyle magazine. It fits alongside Hello Mr, Meat Zine, Butt, Gayletter, etc which have similar price points. Its also for that same audience. It's not Gay Times or Attitude.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: