Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Palm Springs, CA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to stay in Palm Springs, CA?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2015, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Just stayed at Triada which is an Autograph (Marriott if you're looking for points).
New clean and charming. Was nice to have the 2 queen casita with the kitchen.

I know most here were talking about cruising and newds...not the case here.
Same here, and would recommend the Hilton. Rooms and property in great shape. All have balconies. Pool can be a crowded on Saturdays, that's the only negative IMHO.

Rooms are pretty large, if you have Gold+ status you might get an upgrade to a Jr Suite which is pretty big, and you always get an $8.00 credit per person per day for breakfast in the restaurant. They waive the resort fee for Gold+ too since your benefits are what would be included in it.

You can walk to anywhere downtown, including Arenas from it too.

Toured the redone L' Horizon last week - it's amazing. Haven't stayed there yet though...
Old Oct 24, 2015, 3:11 pm
Suspended

Why anyone would pick a resort only on the basis of something completely subjective as "friskiness" is beyond me.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 12:50 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Why anyone would pick a resort only on the basis of something completely subjective as "friskiness" is beyond me.
Lol, yet hundreds and hundreds of people do. Why else would someone pick a resort like CCBC, AW, or IE? Definitely not for the fine food, thread count of linens, or superb customer service...

I cannot understand why anyone would pick a Marriott or other name brand hotel in Palm Springs, when there are so many independent hotels that have a vibe you cannot find anywhere else. I am as much about points as anyone, but Palm Springs is a great example of someplace where I would never pick a cookie cutter hotel.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 12:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tatterdema
Lol, yet hundreds and hundreds of people do. Why else would someone pick a resort like CCBC, AW, or IE? Definitely not for the fine food, thread count of linens, or superb customer service...
Why? False hope.
"This is my 11th time, maybe THIS time I get lucky...".
Old Oct 25, 2015, 4:57 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I think perhaps it's an age/generational thing.
Apps be damned they're going to do it like they did back in the day.

I love casual fun but the last thing I want to do is have to be around people I possibly have made advances at or vice versa for my entire stay. I would never feel relaxed or comfortable.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Just booked 3 nights at Santiago in early April. First time to PSP! Will report back.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 10:36 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
my favourite place in PSP was the Viceroy which is now called the Avalon (i think).

definitely nothing along the lines of 'clothing optional' but a few gay staff (including the manager I think) and just a great, relaxed, nice hotel to hang out.

not cruisey or anything in that spirit as said but a great place to stay.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
I miss the Happy Hours at INNdulge. Great crowd, chilled vibe and a great pool scene. Wouldn't give that up for a chain hotel in that city!
Old Apr 7, 2016, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Just wrapped up three nights at Santiago, and it was lovely! Pretty much as described above, great rooms and clean property that has gotten lots of recent TLC. I'm leaving just as the White Party crowds start coming around but it was about half full during midweek.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Why? False hope.
"This is my 11th time, maybe THIS time I get lucky...".
highly doubt that is what people are saying, the clothing optional resports is a easy place to get laid.. PS is a nice place to visit but there are better places to visit, so mostly people go to PS to get laid since the reputation of the resorts of the past was that easy... I miss The 501...
Old Apr 12, 2016, 9:25 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
.. PS is a nice place to visit but there are better places to visit, so mostly people go to PS to get laid

"mostly" people go to PS for a variety of reasons: easy drive from LA/OC/SD, a scenic drive, nice dry weather, relatively inexpensive hotels with nice amenities/pool, tanning, quietness, the mountains, and a super gay friendly city scene (restaurants, antique shops, bars, etc) albeit mellow/laid back atmosphere...it is a nice and easy geatway from the craziness of the city.
I go with friends all the time, most of them coupled and monogamous.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 4:25 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by carlosdca
"mostly" people go to PS for a variety of reasons: easy drive from LA/OC/SD, a scenic drive, nice dry weather, relatively inexpensive hotels with nice amenities/pool, tanning, quietness, the mountains, and a super gay friendly city scene (restaurants, antique shops, bars, etc) albeit mellow/laid back atmosphere...it is a nice and easy geatway from the craziness of the city.
I go with friends all the time, most of them coupled and monogamous.
I've been to PS 3x and actually have never had sex while there.

Went to get away for a few days, eat, lounge about, giggle at the kitschy/kooky.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 6:42 pm

we stayed at Santiago a few years ago, it was a great place.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 10:04 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
I am a teacher and usually can only travel on expensive weekends (MLK, Spring Break, etc) so often am faced with a choice of $139-199 for almost anywhere, or going back to my old standby, the Vagabond Inn. It's a dump, but it's a clean dump with a nice pool facing the mountains. Rooms are huge, staff is friendly, breakfast is (barely) edible.
Oh, and it's usually around $55-60 per night.
And there are plenty of gay people staying nearby, if social media apps are correct
Old Apr 30, 2016, 12:52 pm

Canyon Club

Canyon Club Hotel is reasonable and a lot more fun than the Vagabond. Not a five star property but certainly well cared for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.