Update on Gran Canaria?

Old May 20, 15, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Update on Gran Canaria?

The last time I was in Gran Canaria was a number of years ago, and any information on this site is fairly dated. I have heard that Gran Canaria is not nearly as gay as it used to be, but when I look at their website I see many many bars and places to stay.

Has anybody been there within the last year or so? Is it still a gay happening spot? Any information would be much appreciated.
Old May 25, 15, 10:08 pm

It sure is a gay hot spot. Yumbo center is still packed with gay restaurants, bars and nightclubs. We used to go to Chez funny boys everyday. The best comedy dragshow I have seen in the world!
Axelbeach Maspalomas is a gay hotel next to yumbo center also a hot spot.

Have fun.
Old Jun 2, 15, 12:37 pm

I was there this past New Years and seemed pretty gay to me. This was my first trip there so I don't have anything to compare it to, but the Yumbo mall was full of gay bars, plenty of people in them as well.
Old Oct 31, 15, 7:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
I'm heading to Gran Canaria at the end of November for the first time - does anyone who has been recently have any recommendations for the best bars/clubs at Yumbo centre currently?
Old Nov 4, 15, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goteed1 View Post
I was there this past New Years and seemed pretty gay to me. This was my first trip there so I don't have anything to compare it to, but the Yumbo mall was full of gay bars, plenty of people in them as well.
Can you recommend it as a New Years Eve fun destination? How does it compare to say Puerto Vallarta?
Old Nov 8, 15, 4:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by perthflyer View Post
I'm heading to Gran Canaria at the end of November for the first time - does anyone who has been recently have any recommendations for the best bars/clubs at Yumbo centre currently?
Effectively, you have to work out the times for the various bars. Most bars are open but the crowd are based at certain bars during a given hour then move on to another bar. Its a bit of circuit. Go into a bar at the wrong time and it will be fairly quiet.

Nothing really gets going until midnight unless you wish to start off with a quiet cocktail first.