Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

GLBT relevant posts / threads elsewhere on FT

Old Jul 9, 2005, 8:10 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

At the suggestion of one of our FTer friends, I thought I'd start this thread where we can link to relevant posts/threads that are elsewhere on FT.

Anyways, this is a cute post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...6&postcount=31 .
Old Jul 9, 2005, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by peteropny
At the suggestion of one of our FTer friends, I thought I'd start this thread where we can link to relevant posts/threads that are elsewhere on FT.

Anyways, this is a cute post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...6&postcount=31 .
Good idea Peter, now please use your moderator sticky to make this thread is glued to the top of the page for easy find.
Old Jul 10, 2005, 4:56 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Never knew this would come to haunt me in this forum!

And here is the bit where "handsome king" wanted me to sit on his knee for the "second instalment" : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=42
Old Jul 10, 2005, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guava
Good idea Peter, now please use your moderator sticky to make this thread is glued to the top of the page for easy find.
Done!!

peteropny - co-moderator - GLBT
Old Jul 11, 2005, 8:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Here is one with "other members" in OMNI discussing STDs:

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...&highlight=STD

The Badlands in San Francisco being charged with race discrimination

Last edited by Randy Petersen; Aug 5, 2005 at 7:01 am Reason: Now, doesn't "other members" work better for the community at large?
Old Jul 12, 2005, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Here is one with "other members" in OMNI discussing STDs:

The Badlands in San Francisco being charged with race discrimination

I am not a <....>

Last edited by peteropny; Aug 5, 2005 at 9:05 am Reason: change some wording
Old Jul 12, 2005, 8:36 am

Sorry, I keep getting you and "other members" mixed up!
... yes, you do, and also on occasion, I might add, "those other members" quadruplet siblings, and I've had enough of it!

Last edited by Randy Petersen; Aug 5, 2005 at 7:03 am Reason: "quotes" correct other corrections in this thread.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Ok - no comments on other FT members please!!!

Also, this thread is not meant to become mini-OMNI, links there are allowed but keep discussions over there!!!

peteropny - co-moderator - GLBT
Old Jul 12, 2005, 9:46 am

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Perhaps my first post here should be edited to eliminate the use of the word "homophobes" too as it may seem indelicate and suggestive. Certainly wouldn't want this forum to be too controversial.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 10:06 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, UA Premier 1K, TAP Silver, Hyatt Discoverist
Perhaps OMNI threads should not be included. I try to stay away from "over there" since it just makes ny blood boil. I don't quite get why we even bother engaging some of the regular posters. There's no logical debate possible.......

But links to other fora seem great...
Old Jul 14, 2005, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Nobbi
Perhaps OMNI threads should not be included. I try to stay away from "over there" since it just makes ny blood boil. I don't quite get why we even bother engaging some of the regular posters. There's no logical debate possible.......

But links to other fora seem great...
I don't think it is right to explicitly exlude certain forum. You always have the choice not to read it. The purpose of this thread is great and serves as a 'hub' to connect to other issues relevant to most posters here. Like Peter pointed out, no debate should happen here. But I think whoever posts here should be free to add a brief description of what the link entails.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guava
I don't think it is right to explicitly exlude certain forum. You always have the choice not to read it. The purpose of this thread is great and serves as a 'hub' to connect to other issues relevant to most posters here. Like Peter pointed out, no debate should happen here. But I think whoever posts here should be free to add a brief description of what the link entails.
I'll agree - adding perhaps that if the posts/threads in question is in OMNI that it be indicated as such - and NO discussions are to occur here - this is simply a "clearinghouse" of issues that maybe interest to GLBT forum members (and guests).
Old Jul 18, 2005, 10:52 am

Programs: Gold: BA, BMI, SQ PPS, Starwood Plat
Omni ??

What is and how do I get to the OMNI thread? I just get an error message when clicking on it on the top menu.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 8:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, UA Premier 1K, TAP Silver, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by wmuncher
What is and how do I get to the OMNI thread? I just get an error message when clicking on it on the top menu.

Unfortunately (Actually it's fortunate), you need a certain minimum number of posts before being allowed in OMNI. You probably are better off not reading some of the homophobic dribble.

Just start participating in the nice FF boards and soon enough you can access OMNI.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 7:12 am
Founder of FlyerTalk

No worry, i've done it for you. The first correction is free, after that - you're likely to have to pay.

Note: We could always leave the word you used - as long as you're able to accept what word may come back your way for your own personal beliefs. My guess is that it would get real messy real fast. So to you and me, they will just be "other members." Sounds reasonable wouldn't you say? Of course, if you are willing, there's room in the RV for another summer break passenger. And i see a spot open sitting between Otto and parnel..... Out on the open road they are two really fun guys. OK, so i'm just joking with you here, but let's be fair in the "branding" of our other members over personal beliefs. Thanks all, hope your summers are nothing less than great.

Perhaps my first post here should be edited to eliminate the use of the word "homophobes" too as it may seem indelicate and suggestive. Certainly wouldn't want this forum to be too controversial.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.