Wiki Posts
Search

Easterberlin?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Easterberlin?

Has anyone been? Experiences / recommendations? Thinking of going this year. I did a search but came up with nichts.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by Bear96
Has anyone been? Experiences / recommendations? Thinking of going this year. I did a search but came up with nichts.
Been to Easter Berlin several times. It is great.
Hardcore leather/fetish oriented.
What do you need to know specifically?
Have you checked the official website?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carlosdca
Been to Easter Berlin several times. It is great.
Hardcore leather/fetish oriented.
What do you need to know specifically?
Have you checked the official website?
Thanks for the response! Yes I have seen the website. Sounds like a good time but just want to know if it is as much fun as it sounds, or overhyped etc.

Any specific events you would recommend (or recommend avoiding)? I know a lot will depend on exactly what people are into, but just curious if you found something especially fun, or conversely, a bust.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Bear96
Thanks for the response! Yes I have seen the website. Sounds like a good time but just want to know if it is as much fun as it sounds, or overhyped etc.

Any specific events you would recommend (or recommend avoiding)? I know a lot will depend on exactly what people are into, but just curious if you found something especially fun, or conversely, a bust.
I made a mistake, contrary to Folsom Berlin, the most fun events during Easter are not the official events.

The highlight of the weekend is SNAX at Berghain/Laboratory (Berghain is a megaclub, Lab is a smaller men only bar. But they are interconnected twice a year, for Easter and then for Sylvester).
As a preview to SNAX, Thursday night at Lab (naked) is always crowded but it is INSANE over Easter.
If not up to the challenge, try Lab on Friday (no dress-scode) as preview to SNAX, also insanely crowded and active.

Lab has posted entry times, I strongly advice arriving at the opening time or earlier, lines can get really long to get in.
SNAX traditionally doesn't sell advance tickets online, I think you can get them at Lab on Th or Fr (that's what I have done in the past, I am going to guess that it is still possible).
Same advice goes for SNAX, arrive early, even if you have tickets. Without tickets, be prepared for a long wait in line as well.

REVOLVER is another [unofficial] popular fun party that always has an Easter edition, usually on Fridays, check their website.

All the bars around Nollendorfplatz will be crowded over Easter weekend.
Prinzknecht is popular on Wednesday from 7pm to 9pm, it is the least fetish of all, and has certain familiarity to some american gay bars (all male though) but it is fun and crowded and a good place to grab a beer or two.
New Action has a strict dress code, check the schedule, they do enforce it (leather/fetish).

The Kit Kat Club also has super fun events around that weekend (also unofficial) so I would check the schedule. There is one particular event that goes beyond anything you have ever done most likely (the horse market usually on Thursdays), everything written about it is true.

Scheune (older crowd) , Woof (supposedly bears but not usually crowded on regular weekends), Tom's (popular Monday night) and Connection (dance) are "meh", IMO, but will be crowded during Easter weekend and can be fun then. They are all close to each other in any case, so you can check them all out.
None of the bars around Prenzlauer Berg are worth a visit, IMO.

Overall tip: make sure to read the schedule for each bar and the times to avoid surprises. Berlin Easter is truly a hardcore leather/fetish series of events, so be ready for it.
hugolover likes this.

Last edited by carlosdca; Jan 20, 2019 at 5:50 pm
Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:36 pm

Is this new? I was there for Easter weekend by accident in 2013. Prinzknecht was busy. I was just unaware it’s a leather weekend in general.

Last edited by rrgg; Jan 20, 2019 at 8:52 pm
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Great info, thanks very much carlosdca!
Old Jan 21, 2019, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by rrgg
Is this new? I was there for Easter weekend by accident in 2013. Prinzknecht was busy. I was just unaware it’s a leather weekend in general.
It has existed for decades already.

As it can be still cold in March/April in Berlin, there is no street festival. Everything happens indoors at the right events.

Other than Wednesdays, Prinzknecht usually has very thin crowds anytime of the year and it is not a leather bar.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:40 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
We went a couple of years ago not realising it was leather week. We stayed at the motel one nearby and 90% of guests were always in full leather attire. Every bar was busy but beware of dress codes on particular nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.