Wiki Posts
Search

Moscow

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2014, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM
Moscow

I have to be in Moscow for a little over 24hrs next week. I don't really plan on going to a gay bar or using an app or website to hook up. But was just curious if anyone has been there recently and how was the experience.
Old May 20, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by Corganbr
I have to be in Moscow for a little over 24hrs next week. I don't really plan on going to a gay bar or using an app or website to hook up. But was just curious if anyone has been there recently and how was the experience.
Don't worry, Grindr isn't that active anyways in Moscow
Old May 20, 2014, 12:43 pm

I was there a couple years ago...had no problems whatsoever (didnt hook up or anything like that so it didnt matter)...i loved it in moscow.
Old May 21, 2014, 1:22 am

GrindR is quiet in Moscow, Hornet is a littler bit busier.
I would avoid any gay bar/club these days.
Old May 21, 2014, 8:27 am

Not what it used to be, sadly.

I used to go to Moscow actively every 1-2 months, from 2010-2013, before things turned crazy and everything went to crap a few months ago. 2010 was the best year, lots of clubs and parties. Since then, I witnessed the gradual death of whatever that is Gay in Moscow.

Apps
- Hornet is now more actively used. I would even go as far to say that every gay guy in Moscow (there are plenty) is on Hornet at some point during the day.
Grindr is kind of dead these days, I think because of the subscription model, Grindr extra increasing the prices and not providing advanced features that Hornet does. If you're into bears, Growler is very active, and there is a strong bear fetish in Moscow for some reason.

Places to go ( Weekend)

The active days would be Thursday, Friday, Saturday (nights).

-The old Central Station, that used to be a mecca for anything gay in Moscow is no more as of March this year. I won't discuss why or how.

-The replacement, which is kind of lame in comparison is Club Chance, on western part of town, in the center

-The after hours place is called Chubar from 4AM onwards, at Mad Place, closer to the river. Actually a stones throw away from the Russian Senate / Putin's office. LOL. Its very hard to find, hidden behind alleyways. I would ask the people at Club Chance how to get there. [ Rochdelskaya 15/25 ]

- Sunday : The old Club Propaganda is still active and well. There are restaurants near Club Propaganda which are nice meeting areas for other guys.

I didn't provide addresses for the other places you can look them up.

Are you staying at a hotel? I've stayed most of the international hotels in Moscow. I would say, 90% the male concierges at your hotel are gay and can provide better information, discreetly. Also a good source of information on underground parties information are taxi drivers, but most don't speak English. If you can speak Russian, this helps a lot.

Feel free to message me.

Last edited by meFIRST; May 21, 2014 at 8:47 am Reason: grammar / spelling
Old May 21, 2014, 4:17 pm

I was there last September and loved it. No problems and just go buy something in Tsum and you will be able to get all the current info from an English speaking sales person. Go!
Old May 28, 2014, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM
Moscow

Thanks for all the info! I just got back. I only had a little over a day there, stayed at the Metropol hotel and didn't venture outside the red square area.
I ended up not going to any gay bars since it was Monday. But an obviously gay guy tried picking me up right in front of St. Basil's LOL. Also, my waiter at the O2 Lounge was very cute and gay.
I figured I'd just be good and not risk being the subject of a "Locked Up Abroad" episode

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.