Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Palm Springs in Late Feb? Too cold?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2014, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile

A friend and I are looking to go to PSP for a fun weekend... does anyone know if it's warm enough to be poolside?
Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by boston aa flyer
A friend and I are looking to go to PSP for a fun weekend... does anyone know if it's warm enough to be poolside?
Yes its warm enough. Generally should be upper 70s to mid 80s. However, nights can get chilly. February is a perfect time to go to PS. Actually, I find anytime other than maybe July/August perfect.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 2:57 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Generally it would be warm enough unless there is an unusual cold spell. We've been there for New Years the last 5 years and 1/2 the time it is a little bit chilly for poolside but this year it was quite warm until the sun goes behind the mountains. Late Feb shouldn't be a problem though.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 6:05 pm

IMHO, Feb is still cool.

We've gone Prez Weekend on and off for a few years for Modernism Week events (which are great, check them out) and poolside is a little cool, with not too many people out.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 6:40 pm
Original Member

Agree, we've gone mid-February for the last several years, about half the time it's pleasant, about half the time it's a tad too cold. Late February should help those odds considerably. We're going for Modernism Week and staying at a resort we've been in before (la dolce vita) and a new one (bearfoot inn)

Last edited by jamiel; Jan 7, 2014 at 6:41 pm Reason: addl info
Old Jan 12, 2014, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile
Thanks everyone! We've booked the last week of Feb/First week of March... so fingers crossed for no Polar Vortex!
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: UA, VX, AA
Originally Posted by boston aa flyer
Thanks everyone! We've booked the last week of Feb/First week of March... so fingers crossed for no Polar Vortex!
The last polar vortex missed us completely.. daytime temps reached upper 70's. Have a great time!
Old Jan 16, 2014, 9:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by peteropny
We've been there for New Years the last 5 years and 1/2 the time it is a little bit chilly for poolside but this year it was quite warm until the sun goes behind the mountains.
What is New Years like in PS?
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:54 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
What is New Years like in PS?
We're pretty low keyed - so usually an early dinner (more downscale since the more upscale places do pricy prix fixed menus - my partner is semi vegetarian so doesn't work well) then early to bed.

Weather wise it's a bit variable - can be a bit chilly or nice. A bit chilly after the sun goes behind the mountains though - about 3:30 in the afternoon.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 4:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Its about booking into a restaurant or a barwhere there is a band to see in the New Year in PSP.

We really enjoyed ourselves for 6 nights over the New Year's period. Found it to be an extremely relaxing visit, lots of sun and a some night life if you want it.

Good shopping opportunities during the day if that is what your are after or trying going back to nature with visits to various desert attractions.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 6:07 pm

Maybe Not Too Cold This Year .......

Just got back from two weeks in PS and it's been unusually warm
BUT.....SOCAL is the driest it's been in decades and the air pollution is bad.

If they don't get some big rains very soon it's going to be a hell of a fire season.

I was going to go back in Feb but will go to Ft Lauderdale instead for these reasons.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP
places in palm springs we love to eat…
TYLERS for burger n potatoe salad
Tropicale for dinner
TRIO for dinner
WANGS ,happy hour

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.