Wiki Posts
Search

Southern Decadence 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2013, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Southern Decadence 2013

Anyone going? I'm headed there Saturday - Monday, staying at the Four Points. It would be nice to meet up with anyone from FT while I'm there.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 4:14 pm

Programs: Airline free agent; Starwood Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
I'll be at the Four Points also - Friday until Monday.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Yeah I knew all those SPG points would come in handy have you stayed at that hotel before? I'm wondering if the pool is going to be a fun place to hang out during the day.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 6:46 am

Programs: AA EXP/OW Emerald
Partner and I are headed down Sat-Mon. 1st time at Southern Decadance. Got a package stay deal at the Soniat House in an auction last fall, so we're using that.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Going with a good friend Thursday to Monday. Right now we are booked at the DT by Harrah's, hoping something better for less opens up.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Any suggestions for a bar to meet up at? I'm not familiar with the area at all but could grab a drink with everyone early Saturday evening
Old Jul 26, 2013, 10:05 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75k, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Platinum
I'll be there with my partner as well (Thursday - Tuesday). We are staying at the Marriott on Canal.

This will be our 5th Decadence in as many years and we are travelling with a group of approximately 15 (at last count).
Old Jul 31, 2013, 8:05 pm

Programs: SkyMiles PM, Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum
I'll be at the Hyatt French Quarter Thursday to Tuesday, unless there's another hurricane.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Good point about the storms. I've tried to organize groups of friends the past few years but the Tropical Storms/ hurricanes have chased them away. I've stopped trying... But I'll still be there, either at the Hampton Inn convention center ($80) or the Hilton Riverside ($95) -- booked both, have stayed at both in past years.
Prices continue to fluctuate for SD weekend-- a month or two ago, prices were quite high--but now I'm seeing the Hyatt regency for $102 for the weekend, a good price. Since I'm HH gold I'll stick with Hilton but it's feeling like prices will continue to drop as the weekend approaches.
Originally Posted by samonyc
I'll be at the Hyatt French Quarter Thursday to Tuesday, unless there's another hurricane.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 6:40 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Partner and I are staying at Hyatt French Qtr on points Fri-Mon. Would love to have a drink with other FT'ers.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Partner and I are staying at Hyatt French Qtr on points Fri-Mon. Would love to have a drink with other FT'ers.
I'll be there too, and the weather forecast looks promising. FYI, the last email I got from the Bourbon Pub advertised a special event rate at the Hyatt French Quarter of $109 a night! I booked my room months ago at $179. Think there's any risk of trying to cancel and rebook, such as the cheaper rate being ineligible for points accrual?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by samonyc
I'll be there too, and the weather forecast looks promising. FYI, the last email I got from the Bourbon Pub advertised a special event rate at the Hyatt French Quarter of $109 a night! I booked my room months ago at $179. Think there's any risk of trying to cancel and rebook, such as the cheaper rate being ineligible for points accrual?
Are the points you get worth $70/night? If not, $109 is a great price.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 5:57 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
I went to the Bourbon Pub's website and clicked thru to the Hyatt site, and be careful because it's NOT the French Quarter Hyatt, it's the Hyatt Regency New Orleans for $109. Which is still a decent price but definitely not the FQ Hyatt.
Just FYI!
Old Aug 26, 2013, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by kyushuman
I went to the Bourbon Pub's website and clicked thru to the Hyatt site, and be careful because it's NOT the French Quarter Hyatt, it's the Hyatt Regency New Orleans for $109. Which is still a decent price but definitely not the FQ Hyatt.
Just FYI!
The email I got also links to the Hyatt Regency. Oops! That would have been an unhappy surprise, had I jumped at the better rate.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 12:16 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
We booked on points. I looked at the HR, but did not want the longer walk, or stumble I should say

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.