Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Atlantis Cruises

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2018, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I'd love to do the rome to Barcelona cruise on Atlantus this summer but hate the though of going alone. Do they have an option where you can pay more and have your own cabin as opposed to having a roommate? Is there any problems finding people to dine with (the thing I hate most about travelling solo is dining alone, especially in that type of setting).

I watched Dream Boat last night and am hoping that isn't what a gay cruise is. The guy in leather pants acting like a dog into puppy play was a little weird for a cruise
Old Feb 11, 2018, 3:52 pm

You can pay extra for your own room. When you go to the main dining room you can be seated with others and they encourage it.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 9:10 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum; HHonors Diamond;Emerald Club Executive Elite
Just watched Dream Boat and I don't think it really reflects the cruise. It's more about how difficult it is to find love. Very depressing.

As for drugs on board, I guess there's a lot. Someone slipped something in my drink one night.

Last edited by chrisdenver1; Feb 12, 2018 at 10:16 am Reason: Add info
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Is there any problems finding people to dine with (the thing I hate most about travelling solo is dining alone, especially in that type of setting)
At the entrance of the dining hall the hosts ask each person or group coming in if they want their own table or if they would like to share.
With the exception of big groups, most people don't mind sharing. If you are solo, you will get seated with other people that can be other singles, couples, friends, etc,
It works out well.

There is also a singles dinner event once where you switch tables at each course. It can be really fun and you can meet tons of people.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by carlosdca
At the entrance of the dining hall the hosts ask each person or group coming in if they want their own table or if they would like to share.
With the exception of big groups, most people don't mind sharing. If you are solo, you will get seated with other people that can be other singles, couples, friends, etc,
It works out well.

There is also a singles dinner event once where you switch tables at each course. It can be really fun and you can meet tons of people.
Thanks! The singles dinner sounds fun. According to the atlantis website they have quite a few single people on their cruises
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Yes, and Atlantis hosts multiple singles activities on each cruise (not just dining); look for the announcements in the daily newsletter dropped off in your cabin each night.

Thanks! The singles dinner sounds fun. According to the atlantis website they have quite a few single people on their cruises
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA
They do so. And there are a LOT of single people on the cruises. But there is a difference between being a solo traveler and a single traveler. Many of these cruises have large groups of people travelling together on the cruises. So just know that most of the singles are going to be eating and hanging out some of the time with their travelling partners. Just so long as you set your expectations properly, you won't be disappointed. Its still better to do the Atlantis thing than to be on a solo trip, that's for sure.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, AAdvanage
Thanks for posting this thread - I'm seriously considering going on the Jan 2019 cruise solo. Will report back!
GoldenItalianBoy likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Originally Posted by champagneandbotox
Thanks for posting this thread - I'm seriously considering going on the Jan 2019 cruise solo. Will report back!
Thinking about it too!
Old Mar 6, 2018, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I want to do the Rome/Barcelona cruise in August.
GoldenItalianBoy likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
I want to do the Rome/Barcelona cruise in August.
If you are transiting through Milan, give me a ring
jamesteroh likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.