Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quiet in here...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2012, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Quiet in here...

Happy Christmas everybody! With this thread, I thought I'd raise the issue of the quietness of this forum during the last year or so. Is this a good thing, indicating that integration has gone so far that the interests of GLBT travellers have become largely indistinguishable from the interests discussed in the other fora? Or is it that the quieter the forum becomes, the more rarely we check, and the more rarely do people post? The latter is the case for myself - I admit I have never been a very active participant in this forum, but i have always checked in from time to time. But I must admit my visits have become less and less frequent as there often are few new threads or even new posts when I do check. I am the only person in this forum as I post (admittedly a somewhat sad time to be online). The New Thread page covers threads nearly a month old. Even the itinerary thread hasn't been updated for over a month. So, ladies and gentlemen, is this just the way things turned out, or is it something we can and should make an effort to reverse?
Old Dec 25, 2012, 3:14 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
I always check this forum when I log on - which is most days.

I think we should use the benefit that we have here to forum the issues that are relevant to us as glbt travellers.

What do other forum members want to contribute?

What is the reason why people are not active? What is missing? Maybe we can redefine what we want and then make it happen
Old Dec 25, 2012, 2:14 pm

I check the forum regularly and find it a very valuable resource. Admittedly, I rarely post :-( I suspect social media sites are to blame for the slowdown but I certainly hope this forum continues to survive.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 4:40 pm

Programs: UAL MM, BA G
You know I actually don't check this forum so much, nor community which I also subscribe to. Tend to stay in AC & UA. However, I appreciate it very much that others do look at this forum and provide very helpful answers when I do post. I guess for the most part, integration has happened, except when I want to find a nice men's spa in Paris, then where else could I turn? So with that, I commit to check this forum every time I log in to FB, which is a couple of times a week. A pre-New Years resolution.

Merry Christmas to one and all.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 11:17 pm

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Quiet in here...

Seems
To have picked
Up.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 5:59 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
I have been very concerned about the level of activity in this forum for quite some time. In fact, this forum is not quiet. IT IS DEAD.

I don't believe this has anything to do with social media. Facebook hasn't killed any number of other forums on FT.

Per FT rules, I am not allowed to state publicly what I believe to be the reason this forum is dead. I have raised my concerns through proper channels. Nothing came of it.

Frankly, I don't know why I bother any more.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: Mucci Platinum Hairbrush des Bonnes Nouvelles. BA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, AA LTS, KL LTPt, Easy Flight Club
I read much more than I post; but it has become quiet. I'll try and do better as a new year's resolution.
cheers all!
Fritz
Old Jan 6, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Per FT rules, I am not allowed to state publicly what I believe to be the reason this forum is dead.
RUH??
Old Jan 6, 2013, 4:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I have been very concerned about the level of activity in this forum for quite some time. In fact, this forum is not quiet. IT IS DEAD.

I don't believe this has anything to do with social media. Facebook hasn't killed any number of other forums on FT.

Per FT rules, I am not allowed to state publicly what I believe to be the reason this forum is dead. I have raised my concerns through proper channels. Nothing came of it.

Frankly, I don't know why I bother any more.
I think I know what you mean, and I tend to agree.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:46 am

Is there any way to enlighten those of us who are feeling like Scooby Doo up there?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 9:55 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by anonplz
I think I know what you mean, and I tend to agree.
Originally Posted by Etoile
Is there any way to enlighten those of us who are feeling like Scooby Doo up there?
Not enough tops?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
I would rather indicate that I am a flyertalker in online profiles than posting here, and I know some people would use the same screenname on here as well as online profiles.

Note: Bolding flyertalker is actually a screenname in one of the online sites.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Etoile
another confused.com here.....
Old Jan 8, 2013, 7:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Derek
I guess for the most part, integration has happened, except when I want to find a nice men's spa in Paris, then where else could I turn? So with that, I commit to check this forum every time I log in to FB, which is a couple of times a week.
Agreed.
Most issues concerning GLBT flyers also concern other pax, and many are related to specific airlines. Therefore, I spend more time at the DL forum than here. There is just not much GLBT-only travel stuff that I can share with this forum.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 1:42 pm
jg3

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Choice PLT, UA Gold.
Originally Posted by plagwate
Not enough tops?
And this made me laugh way too long and way too hard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.