Halloween Ideas

Old Sep 22, 2012, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Halloween Ideas

I'm looking to get out of town for the the weekend prior to Halloween (27-28) and looking for a city that has a big party that weekend, as opposed to Halloween night on Wednesday. I know WeHo does their block party on Wednesday night this year but are there any cities that do a similar event on the weekend?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 6:45 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Of course, Provincetown has a big "Spookybear" weekend for Halloween.

That is always a great time; as long as the weather is kind. Last year, it was very windy and rainy... really "dampened" the festivities.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One of the biggest annual gay events in Tampa:

http://www.allhallowsball.org/home.htm

It is technically invitation only, but tix are not that hard to come by if you know some people in the area.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 6:30 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
New Orleans. The gay community there puts on a full weekend of events, proceeds to charity, including a huge costume dance party on Saturday night-- always the weekend before Halloween, not on October 31 itself. It's a circuit party but with a somewhat different crowd than your usual circuit party. Historically, the main event has been open bar and hosted in cool venues: Robins Street wharf, Civic Auditorium, the basketball arena, the Sugar Mill, Mardi Gras World. After parties at the main bars in the Quarter. And you don't have to do it as a big partying weekend; you can do lots of sightseeing and such if you like. From Dallas, NOLA is very close and easy to reach.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Thanks for the tips. I'll probably check out New Orleans, I've had fun whenever I've gone.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.