Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Appropriate male swimwear Cambodia

Appropriate male swimwear Cambodia

Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:02 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, United 1K
I stayed at the Golden Banana and while it's not exclusively gay, it's owned by a gay dutch guy and most of the staff are gay -- very gay friendly, and speedos are definitely okay here.

I had a wonderful tuk-tuk driver who has since obtained a tour guide license and I've referred him to a few friends who have all come back raving about him. If you're interested, PM me and I'll send you the deets.

you'll LOVE Siem Reap. I loved it and am planning to go back next year.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by publicrelasian
I stayed at the Golden Banana and while it's not exclusively gay, it's owned by a gay dutch guy and most of the staff are gay -- very gay friendly, and speedos are definitely okay here.

I had a wonderful tuk-tuk driver who has since obtained a tour guide license and I've referred him to a few friends who have all come back raving about him. If you're interested, PM me and I'll send you the deets.

you'll LOVE Siem Reap. I loved it and am planning to go back next year.

Thanks for this feedback! I was contemplating the Golden Banana for a stay of 4 days, and your reply just confirmed my selection. And thanks for the Speedo comment...lol :-)

This will be my 1st trip to Siem Riep, so much looking forward to it.

Also, I am going to get a regular room versus the B&B style. Of course A/C is a must. I am planning on being in SEP December 16-20th.

Mahalo,

Patrick :-)
Old Aug 14, 2012, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Ok then - booked Golden Banana for December, I will be interested to see how my experience fares...:-)

Thanks for all the feedback!

Patrick :--)

ps- still trying to decide if I should go to Sihanoukville for 2 days of not.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 3:25 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Enjoy your trip. And feel free to update us with a trip report. Including pics. Of speedos and the Golden Banana....
Old Aug 19, 2012, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AJLondon
Enjoy your trip. And feel free to update us with a trip report. Including pics. Of speedos and the Golden Banana....
Photos and a report will be forthcoming...:-)

Thanks for the great support and feedback.

Patrick
Old Aug 28, 2012, 8:03 pm
Suspended

Talking

Originally Posted by behuman
I love this thread.

Why ladies over the world wear sexy swimwear, but men these horrible and unhygienic shorts ?

Please enlighten me ! I know it is not just an US thing.

One poster suggests it is because men don't want to show something is "too small" - I like to look at it in all shapes and sizes anyway.

I think wearing fashionable fit swimwear is a very gay thing and a mark of distinction for our community - not the original Speedo brand of course but something like this http://www.olafbenz.com/en_AC/collec...tml?no_cache=1
I lived in east and southeast asia for many years. Men's speedo are very acceptable in there, unlike in the U.S.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:37 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
An old thread, bud sadly noticed a huge change in South America regarding Victorian Anglosaxon "pruderie". Even in Rio de Janeiro, "macho straight males" now wear those horrible loose boxer shorts, some very long and again:. This is unhygienic and I noted males in the street wearing this inappropriate dress for swimming (and after walking around the rest of the day - I wonder if they also sleep in them) scratching constantly their genitals. Must be the moist and the bacteria growing under the heath . Prefer NOT to imagine the smell. Tight swimwear, preferably low cut briefs are simply the best for swimming (and for people who love the sun). Nothing to do with age, body shape (and sexual orientation).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.