Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

2012 Grabbys in Chicago Memorial Day Weekend.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Anyone planning a trip to Chicago this Memorial Weekend? I find it's the perfect time to visit this great city. Weather is usually fantastic and there are lots of visitors from all over the world. Hotel rooms at the Hyatt Regency (IML) are expensive and you have to book through the IML website....BUT the hotel associated with the Grabbys is The Hard Rock Hotel Chicago this year. Good deals through the Grabby Host Hotel website ($109 per night).
Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I will be at IML staying at the Hyatt. Hve gone every year since 2002. Great time to meet up with friends I only get to see once or twice a year.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
I'll be in town that weekend too. Lots going on between IML, The Grabbys and Bear Pride. I landed a room at the Courtyard River North for $113. It was only a few bucks more than the Hard Rock but well worth the extra $4 a night to help renew status plus pretty good odds of an upgrade.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
If anyone is staying at the Hyatt for IML, there is a good thread on the Hyatt Forum for getting Platnium status for 90 days by just having a signature visa card. You can avoid the wifi charges that way (which are pretty high IIRC).
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Last days to book at the Hard Rock Hotel Chicago for Memorial Day Weekend

According to the website the last day to book the Hard Rock Hotel Chicago for the Grabbys is on May 2 or until the room block sells out.
http://www.awardshowhotel.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.