Search

Provincetown

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2012, 2:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by GuysInCT
Our favorite (will be there in July and again in August): Carpe Diem Guesthouse
Wow, that looks heavenly.

I'd recommend going in summer - there's a nude beach that may be more popular in warmer months. Also, it seems as if one part of P-Town is primarily womyn, and the other part is dominated by men and their establishments (anchored around the Dock with it's terrific Sunday afternoon tea dance).
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, DL Gold, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by anonplz
Wow, that looks heavenly.
It is, really. Amazing breakfast every day, complimentary wine and cheese hour every afternoon, great spa, some days I never leave the property.

... anchored around the Dock with it's terrific Sunday afternoon tea dance.
Tea Dance is a daily affair during summer, every day at 4PM. A daily dilemma of going to tea or the wine hour.

Tea Dance link
Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Bumping this thread with a similar inquiry: we'll be in PTown in mid-September for a wedding and are extending the stay to five days as it'll be our first visit. Restaurant + bar recs? We'll be in an AirBnB ~two blocks from the Boatslip. It does sound like things will still be open, so we aren't concerned about that.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, DL UA
Originally Posted by silverthief2
Bumping this thread with a similar inquiry: we'll be in PTown in mid-September for a wedding and are extending the stay to five days as it'll be our first visit. Restaurant + bar recs? We'll be in an AirBnB ~two blocks from the Boatslip. It does sound like things will still be open, so we aren't concerned about that.
I frequent P’town and will also be there mid-September, 9/12 through 9/17. I’ve been several times and can recommend the following restaurants:

The Pointe Restaurant - a favorite
Ross’ Grill - on the water, nice bar and restaurant
Tin Pan Alley - haven’t eaten here; however, they have a very nice piano bar
Ciro & Sals - great atmosphere and Italian food
Cafe Heaven - great for breakfast, lunch or dinner
Crown & Anchor Restaurant - head chef was on one of the Food Network Stars seasons, if she is still there
The Mews - on the water

Shipwreck Lounge - at the Brass Key Inn. Very cozy, good drinks, great staff, indoor area with fireplace, outside patio with bar. One of my favorites. From 5:00 to 6:00 PM, only open to guest who are staying at the Brass Key. It opens at 6:00 for everyone.

A-House - dance bar

Most, if not all, shops, restaurants and bars are open during the month of September. After the high season, some restaurant and bars are only open Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I’ve been in late October and found most are open then too. You’ll find that P’town is a year-round place to visit. I’ve been in March and found plenty of restaurants and bars to go to; however, not very many shops are open during March.

Hope this helps!
Old Aug 31, 2019, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CLTRob
Hope this helps!
Super helpful, thx!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.