Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Bangkok Hotels: Tarntawan vs Swiss Lodge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold MM, HH Diam, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Discvrist, Pri Clb, WN, AA, DL, F9, Global Entry/TSA Pre

Hello all,

I am a return visitor to BKK and have stayed 3+ times at the Tarntawan. The lack of a room safe really irritates me, otherwise very happy there, but looking for something close but different. Some people from my last visit suggested the Swiss Lodge on Convent Rd in Silom as a better choice.

Any opinions on this place vs Tarntawan? I know they have safes in the room! What about cleanliness, breakfast, room size (I have the queen bedded room), joiners fee should I make a friend ?? (very important). Or am I missing some other similiarly priced gay friendly hotels in the immediate area? Thanks anyone for some input. Happy 2012 to all!
Old Jan 5, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: Ryanair PLATINUM : ) TK GOLD, AZ Gold, Radisson - gold,Marriott - gold
Smile

jw marriott is great and has a cool club floor lounge
Old Jan 7, 2012, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood Platinum Preferred
For location, I really like the Le Meridien on Surawong. Room is nice, in room safe, internet (surcharge but free if platinum) is very speedy.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 8:59 pm

I stayed here when I was in Bangkok:

http://silom.glowbyzinc.com/

It's a very comfortable and modern 3 star. Location was brilliant and tons of really good places to eat within a 5 minute walk. In room safe, coffee/tea and free wifi. Not sure what the visitor policy is, but I can't imagine them stopping anyone from coming in. When I would come in at the end of the night, the front desk guy was always engrossed in his laptop. I booked a corner suite and loved the space.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I recommend either the Holiday Inn in Ploenchit or the Intercontinental next door if you like luxury.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 4:24 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Qatar Gold, Delta MM
I go to Bangkok frequently and have stayed at both the Tarntawan and Swiss Lodge (and lots of other places) several times. I would vote for the Swiss Lodge over the Tartawan. It's a bit closer to the side of Silom I frequent, has an in-room safe, and has a decent breakfast (last time I was there it included Champagne or Sparkling Wine).

To avoid a joiners fee at the Swiss Lodge book a room for two people.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 9:23 am

Programs: DL Plat
We are staying the Renaissance.... It appears close enough to most transportation, shopping, nightlife, etc.

They are running some good deals now and all Reward members receive free internet access in Marriott's Asian properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.