Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

San Francisco Gayla IV: 2/4-2/6/11 can your liver handle quattro?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Francisco Gayla IV: 2/4-2/6/11 can your liver handle quattro?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott
Weather... is going to be amazing for SF this year. Sunny, upper 60's... bring T-Shirts haha!

Saturday Dinner - Sorry I didn't get a menu out ahead of time, the manager has been hard to get ahold of. When I first discussed it with him he assured me there would be a meat, fish, and vegetarian option for the entree. Their regular menu is located here, expect several choices plus a soup/salad to begin. Remember, arranging for a large group is difficult for a restaurant. I think the price of $35 is pretty good considering, so please let me know ASAP if you aren't going to attend

Sunday Brunch... stay tuned, someone gave me a great idea revolving around the amazing weather we're likely to have!

I've updated the attendee list and tried to check folks that have confirmed in bold. If I missed you, or misread something, please let me know. Again I need to submit final numbers to Chenery Park by Thursday 4:30 pacific time, so please let me know if things have changed.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 10:17 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

We're confirmed for Sat & Sun but will arrive too late for Fri.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 3:12 am

Programs: QFF: WP
Hi

I fairly new to flyertalk and just noticed this thread. I'll be stopping by San Fran on Fri night on my way home to Sydney. Travelling solo

Is OK if i join your Fri night Gayla festivities?

Cheers
Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:19 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
Originally Posted by Timba-Jet
Is OK if i join your Fri night Gayla festivities?
Wireless is probably too busy to check this thread right now. So... I'll take it upon myself to say welcome. See you tomorrow evening!
Old Feb 3, 2011, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

All are welcome on Friday....

Saturday I have submitted the numbers to the restaurant, so we're set. We may be able to accommodate extras, please let me know if you are a last minute addition (or if you aren't bolded on the first page, I finished projecting based on that).

Safe travels everyone!
Old Feb 3, 2011, 8:46 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Ugh, sorry for the late reply, I am definitely IN for Saturday!! Did not know an extra confirmation was required.

Caught a nasty bug somewhere between NYC and NOLA the last two weekends and woke up Tuesday morning after getting home with with a horrible fever and worsening cough. I thought I might have to stay home altogether this weekend, but A Z-PAC has gotten me back on track in the last couple days. I'm definitely flying up tomorrow... I just might spend most of the weekend holed up in my hotel room (rather than subject everyone to my hacking cough lol).

As of now I am bowing out of the Fri night activities, but I would still like to attend the Saturday dinner. Please let me know if this is still possible.

Thanks, Wireless, for everything!!!

[edit] I just noticed that my attendance is bolded for Saturday... it looks like I made it? Thanks again!
Old Feb 4, 2011, 1:36 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
Excited!

I should be able to make happy hour tomorrow, but unfortunately have dinner plans on Saturday. May meet y'all out after. I'm free Sunday after softball practice! Excited for drinks!
Old Feb 4, 2011, 5:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz #1 President's Circle, SPG Platinum
I'm heading that way... Snow willing. 5+ inches last night. Here's hoping the plane leaves... and I make it to the airport
See you guys tonight!
Old Feb 4, 2011, 5:56 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Hey Wireless .... My Saturday plans changed, I'm able to make dinner, if you're able to fit in another person, let me know!

See you all tonight!
Old Feb 4, 2011, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

oh um there's a bear party tonight with a cover... just mention "FlyerTalk", or "Andrew" at the door and they won't charge you cover. We're in the back lounge with our own bartender!
Old Feb 5, 2011, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

"the bears have a red carpet, why don't we have a red carpet?"

As always, a demanding group! lol What a great first night! I hope everyone had as much fun as I did!

Notes on Sunday... itsaboutthejourney had an amazing idea... let's have a picnic brunch at Dolores Park before Super Bowl! There's plenty of little places in and around the Castro and the Mission to grab brunchables and a bottle of Champagne.

Location: 20th and Church... 11am! I'll bring Orange Juice, cups, and some blankets.

See all the blankets in this map? Boys. Girls. and a gorgeous view!

There's a MUNI Metro stop right there, The J-Church line towards Balboa Park will take you from downtown right where you need to go!
Old Feb 5, 2011, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Wireless
[I]
Notes on Sunday... itsaboutthejourney had an amazing idea... let's have a picnic brunch at Dolores Park before Super Bowl! There's plenty of little places in and around the Castro and the Mission to grab brunchables and a bottle of Champagne.

Location: 20th and Church... 11am! I'll bring Orange Juice, cups, and some blankets.

See all the blankets in this map? Boys. Girls. and a gorgeous view!

There's a MUNI Metro stop right there, The J-Church line towards Balboa Park will take you from downtown right where you need to go!
Lots of good options to pack a picnic basket:

Ferry Bldg - lots of great options: including Cowgirl Creamery for cheese, Acme bread and Boccalone Salumeria!!!

Bristol Farms - In the basement of the Westfield.

Harvest Market is at Market and 16th - lots of prepared food, salad bar and nice wine selection.

Tartine Bakery is right near the park on Guerro and 18th - it's amazing, expensive and popular so be prepared for a line.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 12:19 pm

Programs: Bombay Sapphire; Sephora Plat
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Lots of good options to pack a picnic basket:

Ferry Bldg - lots of great options: including Cowgirl Creamery for cheese, Acme bread and Boccalone Salumeria!!!

Bristol Farms - In the basement of the Westfield.

Harvest Market is at Market and 16th - lots of prepared food, salad bar and nice wine selection.

Tartine Bakery is right near the park on Guerro and 18th - it's amazing, expensive and popular so be prepared for a line.
I've heard that lounge leftovers make also great picnic baskets
Old Feb 6, 2011, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA, UA, HH, *wood
thank you Wireless

Another fun weekend in SF. Although we definitely missed lots of the regulars, it was nice getting to know more people.

Go packers!
Old Feb 6, 2011, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold; Marriott Lifetime Silver; IHG Plat Amb; Hilton Diamond
At the airport waiting for my FL flight back to Philly and wanted to give a shout out to all the guys I met at my first DO. And a BIG thank you to Andrew for all the work he did in organizing it. Am first on the volunteer list to be bumped and will get TWO roundtrips since they won't be able to get me out for two nights. What's two more days?

Last edited by hautecouTours; Feb 6, 2011 at 11:15 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.