Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iphone Grindr

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2010, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Iphone Grindr

So got a message while on the tarmic on todays flight from another passenger. Interesting! Your thoughts on the ap and use while traveling?
Old Feb 15, 2010, 3:13 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I love it.. Was able to help a couple of guys out who needed rebooking a few weeks ago in ATL. They did not have club access.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 5:33 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
A friend and I were in San Francisco for Folsom St. West, staying at the Hilton. Grindr kept saying there was someone inches away from him, but it was just us in the room. It turned out that it was someone a few floors up. Let's just say that they had a Grindr success story.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 5:43 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Ok - I had to Google this since I had no idea what are you are all talking about Well I guess grindr is an app to chat with other Gs.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by wiredboy10003
A friend and I were in San Francisco for Folsom St. West, staying at the Hilton. Grindr kept saying there was someone inches away from him, but it was just us in the room. It turned out that it was someone a few floors up. Let's just say that they had a Grindr success story.
OH my... HOT..
Old Feb 15, 2010, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I love it.. Was able to help a couple of guys out who needed rebooking a few weeks ago in ATL. They did not have club access.
Glad to here there are other uses for Grindr
Old Feb 15, 2010, 8:41 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
We had some fun with Grindr at the SF Gayla the weekend before last on Saturday night. It's an interesting way to learn about some fellow FT'ers. lol
Old Feb 16, 2010, 6:10 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
We had some fun with Grindr at the SF Gayla the weekend before last on Saturday night. It's an interesting way to learn about some fellow FT'ers. lol
I think FT GLBT is going to suffer from inbreeding in the next generation....
Old Feb 16, 2010, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by JonathanIT
Wonder where I was at this point.... Oh wait, probably harassing my friend about HIS Grindr account.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by WBurcham
Wonder where I was at this point.... Oh wait, probably harassing my friend about HIS Grindr account.
and here I thought you were showing him the Delta iPhone app
Old Feb 16, 2010, 11:22 am

Programs: OnePass Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Avis First, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum
I use it all the time. Kind of nice to see who's "on the team" AND close by. So far just use it to chat, but it is useful to see the sights around you... LOL
Old Feb 16, 2010, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Glad to here there are other uses for Grindr
There are MANY uses for Grindr.....
Old Feb 16, 2010, 11:44 am

Programs: OnePass Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Avis First, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
There are MANY uses for Grindr.....
The pic-sending feature has been... well... intriguing.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, Dirt elsewhere
I find the variations in population of Grindr user densities fascinating.

At home in Germany I'm usually the only person for 50km. Once in Chicago I connected to the WiFi and found out there was an orgy of 14 people in my hotel room...
Old Feb 16, 2010, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by InIndiana
I find the variations in population of Grindr user densities fascinating.

At home in Germany I'm usually the only person for 50km. Once in Chicago I connected to the WiFi and found out there was an orgy of 14 people in my hotel room...
Which hotel was this? Do you get extra points for that???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.