Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MUC airport ATMs deutsche bank

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2011, 11:56 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by exbayern
As in 'have they removed any?' No, I think that things are still status quo. I still use the one in the central area regularly. I posted a map upthread as well.
or added any...
it looks like they have removed the map link unfortunately

FDW
Old Apr 5, 2011, 1:14 pm

Here's a map link in English. http://www.munich-airport.de/en/cons.../MAC/index.jsp

I have seen the ones at baggage claim noted above since this thread was started by the way.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:02 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Does it have to be Deutsche Bank since you have a card with a bank that gives you better (or no) fees with them? Otherwise, if you have a Deutsche Bank ATM card, you can also use the ATMs of the so called "cash group" for free. Cash group banks include Postbank, Hypo Vereinsbank (UniCredit), Commerzbank / Dresdner Bank.

There is (or used to be) a Hypo Vereinsbank ATM in the Z area very close to the exit to Terminal 2.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
any recent experience with DB ATM @ MUC? Flying in on United from IAD, connecting to DBV on LH. I am not familiar with MUC but will I need to still track down the ATMs by the baggage claim. I have a roughly 2.5 hour connection.

Thanks
FDW
Note that it's only one ATM, not ATM's.

2 weeks ago the touch-screen wasn't working - it would not take any input. Hopefully they have fixed that.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Does it have to be Deutsche Bank
Yes, as Bank of America have an agreement only with them.

As per the DB website, there are 2 other DB ATM's in the airport:

# ATM (central area)
# ATM (Terminal 1, Module E, E04, before security screening)

2.5hrs is plenty (and then some) to seek out any of the other two.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Does it have to be Deutsche Bank since you have a card with a bank that gives you better (or no) fees with them? Otherwise, if you have a Deutsche Bank ATM card, you can also use the ATMs of the so called "cash group" for free. Cash group banks include Postbank, Hypo Vereinsbank (UniCredit), Commerzbank / Dresdner Bank.

There is (or used to be) a Hypo Vereinsbank ATM in the Z area very close to the exit to Terminal 2.
With the Hypo one don't withdraw an amount rounded out to hundreds. I've done it 3 times and I've only got 100 euro notes all 3 times including the time I only withdrew 100 euro. I assumed they were taking the piss, laughed it off and went to Airbrau to have a beer and get some smaller notes.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 3:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
BoA card are only free on the DB ATMs, the deal doesn't extend to cash group ATMs in Germany. I have both an BoA and a DB card exactly for that purpose.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 1:01 pm

Resurrecting this thread, my daughter is arriving at 7:40am from NY on United, then taking LH to Rome at 9:05am, then onto Mykonos at 12:20pm. Is there a convenient ATM at MUC where she can withdraw 500 Euro? Also, is it really necessary to take cash to Mykonos?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by boboqui
Resurrecting this thread, my daughter is arriving at 7:40am from NY on United, then taking LH to Rome at 9:05am, then onto Mykonos at 12:20pm. Is there a convenient ATM at MUC where she can withdraw 500 Euro? Also, is it really necessary to take cash to Mykonos?
They have ATM machines airside at MUC. Are you specifically asking about using the Deutsche Bank ATM machines, or just any ATM machine?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by Fanjet
They have ATM machines airside at MUC. Are you specifically asking about using the Deutsche Bank ATM machines, or just any ATM machine?
Any ATM that spits out money without charging a fee is fine.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 1:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
There are AFAIK 3 types of ATMs airside in MUC T2: D.Bank (fee free for BoA/Scotia/BNP/Barclays/etc customers), Sparkasse and Reisebank.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
There are AFAIK 3 types of ATMs airside in MUC T2: D.Bank (fee free for BoA/Scotia/BNP/Barclays/etc customers), Sparkasse and Reisebank.
Danke!
Old Aug 6, 2015, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Just a note on the Deutsche Bank/ BofA "fee free" aspect. It is no longer fee free. For over a year now, BofA charges a 3% transaction fee for all foreign ATM withdrawals. What they still waive for Deutsche Bank (BNP, Barclay's, Scotia Bank, etc.) ATM use is the $5 out-of-network foreign ATM withdrawal fee.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
What's the current status of ATMs at MUC, particularly flightside in T2? We're changing planes from a TA on to Italy and I'd like to get cash during the layover instead of waiting until I land. Have a Schwab account which makes any ATM fine with me.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 11:42 pm

There is a Deutsche Bank ATM in terminal 2, level 3 in the secure area (don't know the exact location though), as well as a Sparkasse ATM on level 4 in the G gate area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.