Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frankfurt Airport to Strasbourg question about train station

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2007, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Frankfurt Airport to Strasbourg question about train station

Hello I figured this would be the best place to get a good response on flyertalk. I am flying from Manchester to Frankfurt and then getting to Strasbourg by train most likely.

I would like to spend 4-5 hours in Frankfurt exploring. I know I'd take the s-bahn to the main station in Frankfurt to get a train to Strasbourg. Are there lockers or a room I could pay to leave my luggage in? Also how easy is it to navigate getting into Frankfurt and around the city without speaking/knowing German. Thanks.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 7:56 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
The Germany Forum might be a better place to get an answer to your question(s). So I'll move this thread…

Have a nice day

totti
M&M moderator
Old Dec 12, 2007, 8:05 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by terpfan101
Hello I figured this would be the best place to get a good response on flyertalk. I am flying from Manchester to Frankfurt and then getting to Strasbourg by train most likely.

I would like to spend 4-5 hours in Frankfurt exploring. I know I'd take the s-bahn to the main station in Frankfurt to get a train to Strasbourg. Are there lockers or a room I could pay to leave my luggage in? Also how easy is it to navigate getting into Frankfurt and around the city without speaking/knowing German. Thanks.
Now that we are in the right forum I will try to answer your questions

There are plenty of lockers in the main station and leaving your luggage there shouldn't be a problem. Actually it is really easy to explore Frankfurt. Either start at the main station and just walking along Kaiserstrasse (right in front of the main station) to the Zeil and than on to the Roemer or just take the S-Bahn to Hauptwache or U-Bahn to Konstabler Wache. IIRC all announcements are in german and in (d)english so you can miss the stop (2 stops with the S-Bahn or 5 min.). If you take the U-Bahn you can also just go to Roemer and walk from there.

Enjoy your stay
totti

just to add: no need to speak german. A lot of people speak english.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Anyone tried this same thing from Munich to Strasbourg? Ive checked DB's web site, but I cant decide if 130 euros is worth the extra time instead of simply taking a flight to SXB.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
actually, there are no flights into SXB from MUC. that would mean to fly to FRA and then sit 2h30min in a LH Bus.

but: there's now TGV service between MUC and Strasbourg. one direct TGV leaving MUC at 6h20am and Strasbourg (bound for Munich at 5h40pm)
more connections via Stuttgart with TGV service from Stuttgart .

there are special fares for some trains if you book in advance. check www.bahn.de (german rails) and www.voyages-sncf.com (french rails) for details.

when you're in strasbourg don't forget to post in the Strasbourg get together thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.