Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

How to get 2010 Oberammergau Passion Play tickets?

How to get 2010 Oberammergau Passion Play tickets?

Old Apr 4, 10, 8:16 am

Smile

Originally Posted by SamTrooper View Post
Hi Colleen,
I haven't been able to get tickets yet. Do you have a lead where I can get tickets only or am I too late? Everywhere I looked I've missed out. I need three tickets for August. The days I would like to attend are sometime between the 12th to the 17th. If you have any leads please let me know

Sam K
I went on a waiting list held by the Oberammergau organisers website, not expecting to get tickets for the day package. I have just confirmed arrangements for a trip to Munich in June...and the next day received a letter from Oberammergau offering the two tickets I had requested for the performance on 31 August! Cannot change my arrangements without incurring 100% penalty charges so reluctantly will not be able to proceed with the ticket purchase by the cut-off date of 9th April.

The letter did say that in the event of not proceeding they will re-offer the tickets on 10th April. Obviously there is still a chance of getting tickets so contact the website and make enquiries.

Good luck.
Old Apr 16, 10, 2:59 pm

We too are still looking for two tickets the week of June 6 - 11th. We already have a condo close by, but need two tickets.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Old Apr 16, 10, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club
Originally Posted by Peggylyn View Post
We too are still looking for two tickets the week of June 6 - 11th. We already have a condo close by, but need two tickets.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
It appears that you can order single day tickets directly from the Passion Play for Saturdays here:
http://pilatushaus.de/uploads/media/...tickets_01.pdf

I would not enter any "alternative" dates if that is the only Saturday you are available.

Tickets other days of the week include one or two night's lodging and are therefore more expensive.

I found this information by clicking on the English section, then "other countries" link at http://www.passionsspiele2010.de/ The USA button leads to tour operators and tickets only with 1 or 2 nights lodging.
Old May 1, 10, 12:55 pm

Programs: 7mm DM, FC, Marriott PM (lifetime), HH Diamond
We got ours directly from the website. We took a package that includes 2 nights in town and all meals and transfers to the play from our lodging. We know how traffic in Oberammergau can be without the play going on and just didn't want to fool with traffic. We have wanted to do this for about 20 years so the 2 day package was worth it to us.
Old May 2, 10, 6:44 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club
Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler View Post
It appears that you can order single day tickets directly from the Passion Play for Saturdays here:
http://pilatushaus.de/uploads/media/...tickets_01.pdf
It looks like I spoke too soon. According to the FAQ the day only tickets are sold out: http://www.oberammergau-passion.com/...questions.html
Old Jun 23, 10, 3:27 am

Smile 2010 Oberammergau Passion Play Tickets Still Available

Good news for those of you still looking for single tickets: I just bought Class 1A tickets for Jul 1. As of now, there are quite a few available for Jun 29 & Jul 1. This is what you need to do: Go to http://www.passionsspiele2010.de (this is a German language site), click on the left section titled "Online Buchung Karten". A new window would pop up-you will see a list of the dates for which single tickets are available (indicated by orange & green buttons). Click on the button for the date you want, then be sure to scroll down and you'll see price options. Go to the next step ("...Platze wahlen", right arrow) & soon you'll see a reduced-size seating chart. Click on the colored sections (indicating seats available) & you can see all the seats available. Unless you know German & can order online, I suggest that you call them (+49-882292310, 9am-8pm German time) & buy using your credit card. They speak good English & are very helpful! You can pick your tickets from the box office starting at 12pm by showing ID & Reservation#. Tickets do become available.But you must monitor the above site regularly, and act fast . Best wishes! See you there.
Old Jun 24, 10, 12:31 am

Smile 2010 Oberammergau Single Tickets Still Available

Single tickets to the 2010 Passion Play are still available. E.g. as of now, tickets are available for June 29, Jul 1 & 2. This is what you need to do: 1) Go to https://www.muenchenticket.de/shop/p...=14&language=1
and look for those dates with orange or green buttons (indicating tickets available). This site is in German language only. 2) Click on the button for the date you are interested in, you'll probably get a new pop-up window and see the prices available - be sure to scroll down the age. 3) Go to the next step ("...Platze wahlen") & you'll see a small seating chart. 4) Click on the colored sections (indicating empty seats) and you'll see all the seats available. 5) If you understand German and can order online, select seats & proceed. If not, call the ticket office +49-882292310 (Germany time, 9am-8pm) to buy over the phone with credit card. You can even specify the seats you want. They speak good English and are very helpful. 6) You collect your tickets from the box office showing your ID & reservation no. The catch: You must check the web site regularly & act fast. Tickets availability changes daily. Pack your bags and be ready to go. See you there.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: