Wiki Posts
Search

Nice towns to visit near Marburg?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2022, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, MR Titanium
Nice towns to visit near Marburg?

I will be visiting Marburg in June 2022 for 5 days and with the new EUR 9 monthly Bahn ticket I am looking for interesting (picturesque, historically important, with outdoor swimming possibilities, etc.) towns to visit nearby using the local/regional transport included with that ticket. Any ideas on good day trips are much appreciated!

Last edited by lotemblizej; May 25, 2022 at 6:50 am Reason: Use correct term EUR 9 monthly Bahn ticket
Old May 25, 2022, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Mainz is a nice little town to explore. Also, just the train ride down the Rhine River is great. Tons of little towns you can visit. Worms, maybe.

ETA: My friends enjoyed Kassel, but I have not visited it personally.
Old May 25, 2022, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by pbiflyer
Kassel is quite nice, especially Wilhelmshöhe (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergpark_Wilhelmshöhe)
Old May 25, 2022, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pbiflyer
Mainz is a nice little town to explore. Also, just the train ride down the Rhine River is great. Tons of little towns you can visit. Worms, maybe.

Thanks for both Mainz and Worms. I had not thought of either one, so appreciate the ideas and will explore them.
Old May 25, 2022, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by offerendum
Kassel is quite nice, especially Wilhelmshöhe (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergpark_Wilhelmshöhe)
I had already identified Kassel as a candidate, so thank you for the helpful information.
Old May 27, 2022, 2:40 pm

Since you mention swimming, Bad Wildungen is not too far, has large spa facilities, and is a pleasant little town.
Old May 28, 2022, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flugvergnugen
Since you mention swimming, Bad Wildungen is not too far, has large spa facilities, and is a pleasant little town.
Yes, indeed, swimming is a plus, so many thanks to you for this excellent suggestion. I will look into it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.