Search

Arriving FRA on AA connecting to BER

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2022, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Arriving FRA on AA connecting to BER

Hello.

While Im a pretty savy traveler/flyer, I am somewaht lost with all the terms, lingos & acronyms so sorry if this question is clearly answered elsewhere.

My Itinerary: 5/19 flight #704 Charlotte to Frankfurt via American with scheduled arrival 7:20 am on 5/20.

Ultimate destination is Berlin. I have a credit with Lufthansa to use. Departure options I am looking at are 8:45am or 9:45am. (says term 2?)

Since Im changing airlines, Id love to friendly logistics advice. Where am I going upon landing, what to look for, etc.

Assume I have to collect bags and then "exit" to recheck in self and bags?
And what do you think about connecting flight?

thank you in advance!
Old May 18, 2022, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Give yourself time. I'd say at least two hours.

Also, this is not technically a connecting flight. It's a wholly different PNR on a different carrier with no interlining. If your AA flight is late or is cancelled, no one will protect you on LH -- not AA, and likely not LH without paying a fare difference unless they have a flat tire rule of some sort. Give yourself lots of buffer.
Old May 19, 2022, 12:39 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Take a look at the Miles&More Forum. There is a large thread about connecting FRA. It contains not just LH and *Alliance specifics but also general topics.https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...kfurt-fra.html
Old May 19, 2022, 4:19 am

Programs: FB Gold
AA and almost all non Star-Alliance flights arrive in T2. You will have to enter Germany/passport contrôle and collect bags.

LH operates out of T1, so you will have to take the Skytrain or shuttle bus to Terminal 1.

Allow at minimum 3h for these two separate itineraries. Passport and security contrôle tend to be nightmares at FRA.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.