Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Good breakfast at FRA (landslide, T1 or Squaire)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2022, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...

I’ll have an overnight at one of the Marriott T1 airport hotels before an afternoon departure. Don’t have sufficient status for free hotel breakfast or lounge access, so I am planning to spend the morning by visiting the Bundespolizei for EasyPass-RTP enrollment and then having a nice breakfast somewhere before checking out of the hotel at noon. Any recommendations?
Old May 14, 2022, 2:49 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I’ll have an overnight at one of the Marriott T1 airport hotels before an afternoon departure. Don’t have sufficient status for free hotel breakfast or lounge access, so I am planning to spend the morning by visiting the Bundespolizei for EasyPass-RTP enrollment and then having a nice breakfast somewhere before checking out of the hotel at noon. Any recommendations?
They're all a bit meh, so it's the Marriott actually, or the uninspiring but solid Alex buffet at The Squaire (which will be around EUR 15-20 weekdays, depending on what you drink, or EUR 10 more for Sunday brunch).
If you have time, hop on the SBahn to Hauptwache and treat yourself to Café Karin (www.cafekarin.de)
Old May 14, 2022, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by tom tulpe
They're all a bit meh, so it's the Marriott actually, or the uninspiring but solid Alex buffet at The Squaire (which will be around EUR 15-20 weekdays, depending on what you drink, or EUR 10 more for Sunday brunch).
If you have time, hop on the SBahn to Hauptwache and treat yourself to Café Karin (www.cafekarin.de)

Thanks. Surprisingly the Sheraton thanked me for my loyalty (just Gold status) and upgraded me to a Club room with free breakfast in the morning. On a free night award. Second time in a row that that happened. So we ended up eating our breakfast there.

But we might check out Café Karin next time.
tom tulpe, offerendum and FLYGVA like this.
Old May 17, 2022, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Thanks. Surprisingly the Sheraton thanked me for my loyalty (just Gold status) and upgraded me to a Club room with free breakfast in the morning. On a free night award. Second time in a row that that happened. So we ended up eating our breakfast there.

But we might check out Café Karin next time.
That's of course the most convenient solution👍
notquiteaff likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.