Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Transfer with overnight stay in Frankfurt

Old Mar 6, 21, 1:12 am
Original Poster

Hey,

Did anyone recently transfer through Frankfurt with overnight stay? Any troubles getting accomodation with nearby hotels?
Old Mar 6, 21, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
What is your residency and citizenship? What is your route? Is this on one ticket? Impossible to answer without these whether you’re even be allowed to board and/or enter Germany.
Often1 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 21, 6:38 am

Programs: Miles & More SEN, Accor ALL Gold
Same question here.

I'm Swiss, flying LYS-FRA, landing in FRA at 19h25 and then the following day FRA-MEX, departing 13h40.

No issues getting into Germany, I believe (I will have a PCR test).

I have contacted several airport hotels, explaining I was only in transit overnight. They've all said that if the purpose of my travel is personal they won't be able to accomodate me. How do they verify this? Do I need to show some kind of proof? Can the rules be bent?

That transit hotel airside doesn't look appealing to me at all.
Old Mar 6, 21, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
Sure the rules can be bent. You can also be fined or deported. Hotel stays for leisure purposes are currently not permitted, so you’d need some form of proof that your reason to enter and stay in Germany is for business purposes.
Old Mar 6, 21, 8:39 am
Hilton 5+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: OW Sapphire (BA), *A Gold (A3), Le Club Accor Gold, HHonor Diamond
Originally Posted by Bananor View Post
Same question here.

I'm Swiss, flying LYS-FRA, landing in FRA at 19h25 and then the following day FRA-MEX, departing 13h40.

No issues getting into Germany, I believe (I will have a PCR test).

I have contacted several airport hotels, explaining I was only in transit overnight. They've all said that if the purpose of my travel is personal they won't be able to accomodate me. How do they verify this? Do I need to show some kind of proof? Can the rules be bent?

That transit hotel airside doesn't look appealing to me at all.
Hotels can demand (and several do) a letter from your boss or something equivalent as a proof you are travelling for business
Old Mar 6, 21, 9:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There is no question that if you are prepared to commit a crime, that you may most certainly accomplish most prohibited acts. But, most people are law-abiding and will not run the risk of infecting others with a virulent strain of the virus, no matter how important it is to lie on a beach.

In order to answer any of the questions here:
1. Citizenship
2. Residency
3. Single ticket connection with all onwards documents in hand at origination?
offerendum likes this.
Old Mar 6, 21, 11:49 am

Programs: human being triple secret platinum
I highly recommend the Hilton Frankfurt Airport, if you're not looking to see the city. We stocked up on pretzels and beer from the airport grocery and had a very pleasant evening waiting for our flight the next morning!
Old Mar 7, 21, 1:01 am

I did this a few months ago. I was given a form to sign attesting that the reason for my stay was work-related. No one asked to see a letter from my employer. This was at NH Frankfurt Airport.
Old Mar 8, 21, 10:48 am

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Back in November, I stayed at a Holiday Inn 1 S-bahn stop away.
They asked me to register as a guest under my company's name during an overnight stay (no issues there from my company).
I think it's up to the front desk person to see how much they want to dig into your trip purpose, but do be prepared to show some documentation with evidence of the trip.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: